SCUBApix

Default Franks Recipes! Site Update

AVOID THIS SITE!

It tries to force you to download a program. I had to click 3 or 4 times
saying no or closing the popup before i went away. It also sends you to a
gambling site when you close down his site.

"Chefry" <dont.have.email@all> wrote in message

> Franks Recipes!
>
> http://www.hostultra.com/~recipes/
>
> Frank's Recipes is the on-line resource for today's busy cook. The site

contains a
> searchable archive of over 22,000 Food and Liquor Recipes, cookbook

reviews and
> recommendations, Hints, Tips and Tricks, software downloads, and more...
>

> NEW! NEW! NEW! NEW!
>
> NEW Look! Check it out and let me know what you think. If you find any
> errors, please let me know. I'm still woring out some bugs.
>
> NEW Recipes! Now up to 22,000 recipes!
>
> NEW Recipes! Thousands of Low Fat, Diabetic, Vegetarian and Vegan recipes.
>
> NEW Section! Ever wonder what it takes to feed HUNDREDS? Check out the
> new 'Volume Cooking' section.
>
> NEW Section! In the business? Check out the NEW 'Foodservice' section.
>
> And if you're in the business there's lots of commercial stuff Too!
>
> Hope you all enjoy it.

Chefry

Are you kidding me????

JEASUS CHRIST! After a year of updating my site my host is pulling that CRAP!
That's it
I'm finding a new host

On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:08:01 -0400, "SCUBApix" > wrote:

>AVOID THIS SITE!
>
>It tries to force you to download a program. I had to click 3 or 4 times
>saying no or closing the popup before i went away. It also sends you to a
>gambling site when you close down his site.
>
>"Chefry" <dont.have.email@all> wrote in message
.. .

>> Franks Recipes!
>>
>> http://www.hostultra.com/~recipes/
>>
>> Frank's Recipes is the on-line resource for today's busy cook. The site

>contains a
>> searchable archive of over 22,000 Food and Liquor Recipes, cookbook

>reviews and
>> recommendations, Hints, Tips and Tricks, software downloads, and more...
>>

>> NEW! NEW! NEW! NEW!
>>
>> NEW Look! Check it out and let me know what you think. If you find any
>> errors, please let me know. I'm still woring out some bugs.
>>
>> NEW Recipes! Now up to 22,000 recipes!
>>
>> NEW Recipes! Thousands of Low Fat, Diabetic, Vegetarian and Vegan recipes.
>>
>> NEW Section! Ever wonder what it takes to feed HUNDREDS? Check out the
>> new 'Volume Cooking' section.
>>
>> NEW Section! In the business? Check out the NEW 'Foodservice' section.
>>
>> And if you're in the business there's lots of commercial stuff Too!
>>
>> Hope you all enjoy it.

Loki

Check too that there are no viruses on one's computer that do the
same thing.

--
Cheers,

Carol

> >AVOID THIS SITE!
> >
> >It tries to force you to download a program. I had to click 3 or 4 times
> >saying no or closing the popup before i went away. It also sends you to a
> >gambling site when you close down his site.

I just went to this site and had no trouble at all, but I do have a popup blocker.

Carol
SCUBApix

No I wasn't kidding. That's what happened to me. And I don't have a virus. I
did this at work. I'm behind a firewall and have up-to-date virus protection
on my PC. I also did not have this happen at any other web site I visited. I
just posted my experience to warn others. I do NOT have any popup blocker.
That may save you if you have one.

wrote:

> >AVOID THIS SITE!
> >
> >It tries to force you to download a program. I had to click 3 or 4 times
> >saying no or closing the popup before i went away. It also sends you to a
> >gambling site when you close down his site.
> >
> >"Chefry" <dont.have.email@all> wrote in message
> .. .
> >>

> >> Franks Recipes!
> >>
> >> http://www.hostultra.com/~recipes/
> >>
> >> Frank's Recipes is the on-line resource for today's busy cook. The site

> >contains a
> >> searchable archive of over 22,000 Food and Liquor Recipes, cookbook

> >reviews and
> >> recommendations, Hints, Tips and Tricks, software downloads, and

more...

> >> NEW! NEW! NEW! NEW!
> >>
> >> NEW Look! Check it out and let me know what you think. If you find any
> >> errors, please let me know. I'm still woring out some bugs.
> >>
> >> NEW Recipes! Now up to 22,000 recipes!
> >>
> >> NEW Recipes! Thousands of Low Fat, Diabetic, Vegetarian and Vegan

recipes.

> >> NEW Section! Ever wonder what it takes to feed HUNDREDS? Check out the
> >> new 'Volume Cooking' section.
> >>
> >> NEW Section! In the business? Check out the NEW 'Foodservice' section.
> >>
> >> And if you're in the business there's lots of commercial stuff Too!
> >>
> >> Hope you all enjoy it.

Chefry

Actually I knew about the popups. When I signed up to that host over a year ago it was
supposed to be a popunder at exit. Now it's a popup at every page. I hope to have a new
host in the next couple of days. Frankly (no pun intended), I
m tired of their crap. I try to run a family oriented recipe website and I don't need the
popups and neither do my users.

I'll let you know when I get another host

On Tue, 25 May 2004 13:24:58 -0400, "SCUBApix" > wrote:

>No I wasn't kidding. That's what happened to me. And I don't have a virus. I
>did this at work. I'm behind a firewall and have up-to-date virus protection
>on my PC. I also did not have this happen at any other web site I visited. I
>just posted my experience to warn others. I do NOT have any popup blocker.
>That may save you if you have one.
>

>"Chefry" <dont.have.email@all> wrote in message
.. .
>> Are you kidding me????
>>
>> JEASUS CHRIST! After a year of updating my site my host is pulling that

>CRAP!
>> That's it
>> I'm finding a new host
>>
>> On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:08:01 -0400, "SCUBApix" >

>wrote:
>>
>> >AVOID THIS SITE!
>> >
>> >It tries to force you to download a program. I had to click 3 or 4 times
>> >saying no or closing the popup before i went away. It also sends you to a
>> >gambling site when you close down his site.
>> >
>> >"Chefry" <dont.have.email@all> wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >contains a
>> >reviews and

>more...

>recipes.

Melba's Jammin'

Hmmm, it did none of those things when I tried it today, Jack. (May 26,
2004)

In article >, "SCUBApix"
> wrote:

> AVOID THIS SITE!
>
> It tries to force you to download a program. I had to click 3 or 4
> times saying no or closing the popup before i went away. It also
> sends you to a gambling site when you close down his site.
>
> "Chefry" <dont.have.email@all> wrote in message
> >

> > Franks Recipes!
> >
> > http://www.hostultra.com/~recipes/

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am updated 5/16/04.
KenCo

Chefry wrote:

> Actually I knew about the popups. When I signed up to that host over a year ago it was
> supposed to be a popunder at exit. Now it's a popup at every page. I hope to have a new
> host in the next couple of days. Frankly (no pun intended), I
> m tired of their crap. I try to run a family oriented recipe website and I don't need the
> popups and neither do my users.
>
> I'll let you know when I get another host

www.pair.com is very reasonable, i use them.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

SCUBApix

Barb,
At 2:08pm Eastern Time today (5/27), I went to this site. It continually
makes a 'bonging' sound, my security window poped up asking if I wanted to
"install and run Media Tickets to view content on this site". There was
more. I clicked "No" and got a little message box saying I must click yes to
view this site. I closed that box and the security warning poped up again.
After clicking "No' and closing the message box, the 'bonging' stopped and I
found an extra IE browser (blank) window opened. I closed it and then saw
Frank's Recipe site. I closed that site and this time was not sent to a
gambling site.

I guess I'm just lucky to get all this attention from the site. But I
certainly won't be looking there again. I can't explain why you didn't have
all the attention I got. Maybe you have a popup blocker?

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Hmmm, it did none of those things when I tried it today, Jack. (May 26,
> 2004)
>
> In article >, "SCUBApix"
> > wrote:
>
> > AVOID THIS SITE!
> >
> > It tries to force you to download a program. I had to click 3 or 4
> > times saying no or closing the popup before i went away. It also
> > sends you to a gambling site when you close down his site.
> >
> > "Chefry" <dont.have.email@all> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Franks Recipes!
> > >
> > > http://www.hostultra.com/~recipes/

> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am updated 5/16/04.

George Shirley

I use Netscape 7.1x and have no problems with that site. The automatic
popup blocker, in conjunction with my other net protectors appears to
eliminate them. what are you using Jack?

George

SCUBApix wrote:
> Barb,
> At 2:08pm Eastern Time today (5/27), I went to this site. It continually
> makes a 'bonging' sound, my security window poped up asking if I wanted to
> "install and run Media Tickets to view content on this site". There was
> more. I clicked "No" and got a little message box saying I must click yes to
> view this site. I closed that box and the security warning poped up again.
> After clicking "No' and closing the message box, the 'bonging' stopped and I
> found an extra IE browser (blank) window opened. I closed it and then saw
> Frank's Recipe site. I closed that site and this time was not sent to a
> gambling site.
>
> I guess I'm just lucky to get all this attention from the site. But I
> certainly won't be looking there again. I can't explain why you didn't have
> all the attention I got. Maybe you have a popup blocker?
>
> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>
>>Hmmm, it did none of those things when I tried it today, Jack. (May 26,
>>2004)
>>
>>In article >, "SCUBApix"
> wrote:
>>

>>>AVOID THIS SITE!
>>>
>>>It tries to force you to download a program. I had to click 3 or 4
>>>times saying no or closing the popup before i went away. It also
>>>sends you to a gambling site when you close down his site.

>>--
>>-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am updated 5/16/04.

MOM PEAGRAM

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Barb,
> At 2:08pm Eastern Time today (5/27), I went to this site. It continually
> makes a 'bonging' sound, my security window poped up asking if I wanted to
> "install and run Media Tickets to view content on this site". There was
> more. I clicked "No" and got a little message box saying I must click yes

> view this site. I closed that box and the security warning poped up again.
> After clicking "No' and closing the message box, the 'bonging' stopped and

> found an extra IE browser (blank) window opened. I closed it and then saw
> Frank's Recipe site. I closed that site and this time was not sent to a
> gambling site.
>
> I guess I'm just lucky to get all this attention from the site. But I
> certainly won't be looking there again. I can't explain why you didn't

have
> all the attention I got. Maybe you have a popup blocker?
>
> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > Hmmm, it did none of those things when I tried it today, Jack. (May 26,
> > 2004)
> >
> > In article >, "SCUBApix"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > AVOID THIS SITE!
> > >
> > > It tries to force you to download a program. I had to click 3 or 4
> > > times saying no or closing the popup before i went away. It also
> > > sends you to a gambling site when you close down his site.

> > --
> > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am updated 5/16/04.

I had turned off my popup blocker for something else and went to this site.
Did the same thing!

Cookie Cutter

SCUBApix wrote:

.... Maybe you have a popup blocker?

You can download a free popup blocker from google
at http://toolbar.google.com/

Cookie
SCUBApix

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> I use Netscape 7.1x and have no problems with that site. The automatic
> popup blocker, in conjunction with my other net protectors appears to
> eliminate them. what are you using Jack?
>
> George

I'm using IE 6.0, SP1. It's the 'official' version here at work.

SCUBApix

"Cookie Cutter" > wrote in message
> SCUBApix wrote:
>
> ... Maybe you have a popup blocker?
> >

> You can download a free popup blocker from google
> at http://toolbar.google.com/
>
> Cookie

Thanks Cookie. I did and tried Frank's site and it worked. I didn't get any
crap.

Cookie Cutter

SCUBApix wrote:
> "Cookie Cutter" > wrote in message
>
>>SCUBApix wrote:
>>
>>... Maybe you have a popup blocker?
>>
>>You can download a free popup blocker from google
>>at http://toolbar.google.com/
>>
>>Cookie

> Thanks Cookie. I did and tried Frank's site and it worked. I didn't get any
> crap.

It also has a very nice function (which took me awhile to notice so that
is why I am pointing it out to you) that puts your search words on the
toolbar. Say you are searching for "plum preserves." Those two words
are put on the toolbar. When you open a site, you can click on one of
the words and it does a search for the occurrence of the word on the
page. Beats opening the "Edit Drop-Down Menu" and opening "Find" and
typing in the word you are looking for repeatedly.

Cookie