Frank

Default New little chief smoker

I just got a little chief smoker and am disappointed in the recipe
book. I was hopeing too smoke pork chops and ribs etc without having
to grill them later. This could be my ignorance or is it the little
chief folks hesitant to give a recipe that could lead to under cooked
meat?

Thanks

Frank
Dave Bugg

Frank wrote:
> I just got a little chief smoker and am disappointed in the recipe
> book. I was hopeing too smoke pork chops and ribs etc without having
> to grill them later. This could be my ignorance or is it the little
> chief folks hesitant to give a recipe that could lead to under cooked
> meat?

The Little Chief is not meant for the type of barbecue you want to do. It is
meant more for "cold smoking/preservation smoking". The best low cost pit
for 'Q is the Weber Smokey Mountain. Of course, I'm very partial to my
Kamado. Go to alt.food.barbecue and talk to us there about 'Q.
Dave