Arno and Triny

Default Conserve chilli and tomato

Hi guys.

Can you please tell me how can I conserve sundried tomato and chilli in oil?
I tryt but it always end up with mould on top.

Thanks.

ARnaud

Feuer

Arno and Triny wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> Can you please tell me how can I conserve sundried tomato and chilli in oil?
> I tryt but it always end up with mould on top.

You probably can't.

David
Arno and Triny

you can as you are able to buy some so hwo do they do?
"Feuer" > wrote in message ...

> Arno and Triny wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys.
> >
> > Can you please tell me how can I conserve sundried tomato and chilli in

oil?
> > I tryt but it always end up with mould on top.

> You probably can't.
>
> David

George Shirley

They have industrial strength machinery and equipment to do it with. The
stuff that's growing in your homemade version will probably kill you if
you try to eat it. There is NO SAFE WAY to do the oil preservation at home.

George

Arno and Triny wrote:

> you can as you are able to buy some so hwo do they do?
> "Feuer" > wrote in message ...
>

>>Arno and Triny wrote:
>>
>>>Hi guys.
>>>
>>>Can you please tell me how can I conserve sundried tomato and chilli in

> oil?
>
>>>I tryt but it always end up with mould on top.

>>You probably can't.
>>
>>David

Arno and Triny

what is the best way for me to preserved sundried tomato and chilli?

Arnaud
"George Shirley" > wrote in message
news
> They have industrial strength machinery and equipment to do it with. The
> stuff that's growing in your homemade version will probably kill you if
> you try to eat it. There is NO SAFE WAY to do the oil preservation at
home.

> George
>
> Arno and Triny wrote:
>
> > you can as you are able to buy some so hwo do they do?

> > oil?

> >>You probably can't.
> >>
> >>David

George Shirley

I vacuum seal mine in a bag and put them on the shelf until needed. You
can, as you probably know, reconstitute them with water for cooking and
as is for baking. Of course you would have to buy a machine to do the
vacuum sealing but it can also be used for lots of other things.
Alternatively you can bag them in a zip bag and freeze them.

George

Arno and Triny wrote:

> what is the best way for me to preserved sundried tomato and chilli?
>
> Arnaud
> "George Shirley" > wrote in message
> news >
>>They have industrial strength machinery and equipment to do it with. The
>>stuff that's growing in your homemade version will probably kill you if
>>you try to eat it. There is NO SAFE WAY to do the oil preservation at

> home.
>
>>George
>>
>>Arno and Triny wrote:
>>

>>>you can as you are able to buy some so hwo do they do?

>>>oil?

China

How about bottling them with a 'Vacola' style setup, I see the jars in
op-shops quite often.
--
China
Wingham

George Shirley

Still won't do the job. I see the stuff in shops here quite frequently
but all are marked "DO NOT EAT", seems people buy the stuff to look
pretty on a shelf. Don't know about the rules in OZ though.

George

China wrote:

> How about bottling them with a 'Vacola' style setup, I see the jars in
> op-shops quite often.
> --
> China
> Wingham
> NSW

Loki

It's a wonder anyone is still alive in the middle east and
mediteranean areas then, from all that home oil preserving ... but I
digress.

--
Cheers,