Ol' Hippie

Default Puttin up Peppers

Interested in the posts about preserving peppers. Question; If I do the
following: with 50/50 water vinegar mixture cleaned peppers,
garlic,carrots,onions, cooked at 180 for 30 minutes. Then filling sterilized
jars and closures. Cap and let cool. Will that be sufficient for safety?
Bruce-n-Gold Beach

pickle

"Ol' Hippie" <olhippieATcharterDOTnet> wrote in message
> Interested in the posts about preserving peppers. Question; If I do the
> following: with 50/50 water vinegar mixture cleaned peppers,
> garlic,carrots,onions, cooked at 180 for 30 minutes. Then filling

sterilized
> jars and closures. Cap and let cool. Will that be sufficient for safety?
> Bruce-n-Gold Beach
>
> Hi Bruce-n-Gold Beach:

Sorry, perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. For the low temperature
pasteurization method: Fill the jars with your peppers, cap them and then go
through the LTP method. For your recipe I would prefer the boiling water
bath (bwb) for 10 minutes. For whole dill pickles I prefer the LTP method or
the pickles become too soft under the bwb method. The Joy of Pickling makes
for good reading - should you have the time.

Bob

Ol' Hippie

I make bottle & sell (legally) Barbeque Sauce and I cook it for at least 3
hours at around 180-190 careful not to scorch, my jars and closures are hot
when I fill the sauce into the jars, ph @room temp is usually 3.8-3.9.
Just wondered if the same process would work with peppers.

--
Bruce-n-Gold Beach

Puttin' up tomatoes zxcvbob Preserving 4 02-10-2013 12:00 AM
Puttin' it By, GEORGE!! In FEBRUARY!! In SO UTH CANADA!! <g> Karen Preserving 1 04-02-2006 07:55 PM
Puttin' it By, GEORGE!! In FEBRUARY!! In SO UTH CANADA!! <g> Melba's Jammin' Preserving 4 04-02-2006 03:15 PM