Craig Watts

Default Food savers

Next on the radar screen I want to purchase a food vacume saver. I've
heard numerous GOOD things about these products. Looking around I see
the most predominent are the Tila and Food Saver products.

Please share with me your experiences good or bad about the products
you have used. Also be model specific.

Thanks,

Craig Watts
George Shirley

The Food Saver is the Tilia Craig, one and the same. Home Depot here had
them on sale for $99.00 recently and is a much improved model over my
old Compact II. Sears also sells what, I believe, is a Tilia with the
Sears name on it for a better price than the Food Saver.

I wouldn't be without mine. The other day I went by the market and
checked the used meat bin, glommed onto about 20 steaks, porterhouse,
sirloin, t-bone, and ribeye all for half of the original price. Brought
them home, put them in vac bags, sealed and marked them as to content
and date. Good eats for a long time. I get my fajita meat (skirt steaks)
the same way, catch them discounted because the get rid of date is
approaching rapidly. Vac bag in the amounts I estimate to make a mess
for a meal, mark and freeze. Even put veggies in the freezer in vac
bags. Yesterday I harvested, froze on a bun sheet, bagged, vacuum
sealed, and back in the freezer, 4 quart bags of broccoli from the
garden. Have carrots, green beans, crowder peas, okra, chopped peppers,
green onions, all vacuum sealed and in bins in the upright.

Get you one immediately, next years venison will thank you. Oh yeah, it
doesn't matter what the model number on the Tilia is, they're all pretty
good. Noted on the new ones that they had redesigned the push button for
the vac pump, the old one tended to break if some hamhanded person
leaned on it to hard.

George

Craig Watts wrote:
> Next on the radar screen I want to purchase a food vacume saver. I've
> heard numerous GOOD things about these products. Looking around I see
> the most predominent are the Tila and Food Saver products.
>
> Please share with me your experiences good or bad about the products
> you have used. Also be model specific.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig Watts

Craig Watts

>George

Thanks for your always on target feedback George.

Heard one the other day that sounded really good. We made a mess 'o
Bruiswick stew recently. This guy in food sevice industry told us to
freeze it in a container, remove it from the container when frozen and
zip it up in a food saver bag. That's how he handles his liquids and
it keeps the ice crystles down.
Toni

Default Food savers and fajita meat

One good thing about the Food Saver is when I am freezing skirt steaks, go
ahead and sprinkle fajita seasoning on the meat before freezing. When ready
to cook, just thaw and grill with maybe a little sprinkle of lime juice.
---
Peace and Love,
Toni ^_^
reply to toni ( @ ) geekwerks (dot) com

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society. -- Mark Twain

George Shirley

Craig Watts wrote:

>>George
>>

> Thanks for your always on target feedback George.
>
> Heard one the other day that sounded really good. We made a mess 'o
> Bruiswick stew recently. This guy in food sevice industry told us to
> freeze it in a container, remove it from the container when frozen and
> zip it up in a food saver bag. That's how he handles his liquids and
> it keeps the ice crystles down.

Been doing this for eons. I generally pour the stuff into a big enough
container that it makes a flat sheet when frozen, thus easier to vac
seal. Even sometimes pour it into a bun pan and freeze, cut into right
sized packets, put in the bag, vac seal, and mark. Another advantage is
that the package lies flat in the freezer and, if you have several, you
can easily stack them.

I bought about a dozen of these small plastic open work crates a few
years ago, about 50 cents apiece. They're about ten inches by ten inches
by ten inches and are stackable. Ideal for small container/bags of food
that is stored in the freezer. When one goes empty it gets rinsed, air
dried and put on the shelf above the freezer for the next use. I think I
got them at Walmart.

George

Member

I am regular customer of Food Saver. I am using it since last 3 years.Recently i replaced my Food Saver to Vaccum Food Saver..It have container and kept cereals, chips etc.Before I use to waste a lot of food actually my husband live at home only 2-3 days in a week(he is marketing job)..I am enjoying my life.. when husband come i always spend most of time with him(not in kitchen)..