The Joneses

Default PING - Barb Schaller

Hey Barb, got yer care package today, that holiday conserve is really
something special. And how did you know he was craving apricot
jam? We didn't get any this year due to a late frost. I imagine your
shapely arms ending in capable hands wrapped around a wooden
spoon, redolent with a thousand precious aromas, a sweet halo lightly
laced among your gracious locks, topped with a pickle hat. I can't
wait to wear those caps to market.
Edrena, a pickle patriot

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, The Joneses
> wrote:

> Hey Barb, got yer care package today, that holiday conserve is really
> something special. And how did you know he was craving apricot
> jam? We didn't get any this year due to a late frost. I imagine your
> shapely arms ending in capable hands wrapped around a wooden
> spoon, redolent with a thousand precious aromas, a sweet halo lightly
> laced among your gracious locks, topped with a pickle hat. I can't
> wait to wear those caps to market.
> Edrena, a pickle patriot

LOL! Isn't the conserve yummy? I made a dozen small jars for my gift
boxes for my Church Women In Exile bunch -- a small jar of Penzeys
Breakfast Sausage Seasoning, a pound of ground pork from a local farmer
(to make into breakfast sausage), and a jar of the conserve. You can
thin out the apricot jam (though it's pretty soft) with some vinegar and
use it to dunk egg rolls or chicken parts.

Whenever I get my shapely arms (ROTFL) around a wood spoon, George just
comes to mind. Dunno why. . . . I have a couple spoons that have
handles that are nearly 2 feet long -- bought them in Czechoslovakia for
a song -- maybe 75 cents each. One's got Jorge's name on it. . . .
And that should be my GRAYcious locks. "-) I'm glad you like the
pickle hat. :-) I'll expect pictures. Have you looked at my website?
Pickle Hats in Thailand. :-)
--
-Barb
State Fair prizewinning jams and jellies for sale at the Burnsville
The Joneses

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, The Joneses
> > wrote:
>
> > Hey Barb, got yer care package today, that holiday conserve is really
> > something special. And how did you know he was craving apricot
> > jam? We didn't get any this year due to a late frost. I imagine your
> > shapely arms ending in capable hands wrapped around a wooden
> > spoon, redolent with a thousand precious aromas, a sweet halo lightly
> > laced among your gracious locks, topped with a pickle hat. I can't
> > wait to wear those caps to market.
> > Edrena, a pickle patriot

> LOL! Isn't the conserve yummy? I made a dozen small jars for my gift
> boxes for my Church Women In Exile bunch -- a small jar of Penzeys
> Breakfast Sausage Seasoning, a pound of ground pork from a local farmer
> (to make into breakfast sausage), and a jar of the conserve. You can
> thin out the apricot jam (though it's pretty soft) with some vinegar and
> use it to dunk egg rolls or chicken parts.
>
> Whenever I get my shapely arms (ROTFL) around a wood spoon, George just
> comes to mind. Dunno why. . . . I have a couple spoons that have
> handles that are nearly 2 feet long -- bought them in Czechoslovakia for
> a song -- maybe 75 cents each. One's got Jorge's name on it. . . .
> And that should be my GRAYcious locks. "-) I'm glad you like the
> pickle hat. :-) I'll expect pictures. Have you looked at my website?
> Pickle Hats in Thailand. :-)
> --
> -Barb
> State Fair prizewinning jams and jellies for sale at the Burnsville
> Senior Citizens Bake Sale, November 19, 2003; 9:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
> Diamondhead Education Center, Burnsville Parkway & Nicollet Aves,
> Burnsville. 952-707-4120

Take that there apricot stuff, stir in a spoonful of ketchup, a spoonful or
two of the purest horseradish you can find, and a dash of worcestershire
sauce. Mmm good for dipping. I use my plum jam, especially if the plums
are picked a little hard, makes a kind of tarty kind of jam.
Edrena, a little tart herself.

George Shirley

The Joneses wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>

>>In article >, The Joneses
> wrote:
>>

>>>Hey Barb, got yer care package today, that holiday conserve is really
>>>something special. And how did you know he was craving apricot
>>>jam? We didn't get any this year due to a late frost. I imagine your
>>>shapely arms ending in capable hands wrapped around a wooden
>>>spoon, redolent with a thousand precious aromas, a sweet halo lightly
>>>laced among your gracious locks, topped with a pickle hat. I can't
>>>wait to wear those caps to market.
>>>Edrena, a pickle patriot

>>LOL! Isn't the conserve yummy? I made a dozen small jars for my gift
>>boxes for my Church Women In Exile bunch -- a small jar of Penzeys
>>Breakfast Sausage Seasoning, a pound of ground pork from a local farmer
>>(to make into breakfast sausage), and a jar of the conserve. You can
>>thin out the apricot jam (though it's pretty soft) with some vinegar and
>>use it to dunk egg rolls or chicken parts.
>>
>>Whenever I get my shapely arms (ROTFL) around a wood spoon, George just
>>comes to mind. Dunno why. . . . I have a couple spoons that have
>>handles that are nearly 2 feet long -- bought them in Czechoslovakia for
>>a song -- maybe 75 cents each. One's got Jorge's name on it. . . .
>>And that should be my GRAYcious locks. "-) I'm glad you like the
>>pickle hat. :-) I'll expect pictures. Have you looked at my website?
>>Pickle Hats in Thailand. :-)
>>--
>>-Barb
>>State Fair prizewinning jams and jellies for sale at the Burnsville
>>Senior Citizens Bake Sale, November 19, 2003; 9:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
>>Diamondhead Education Center, Burnsville Parkway & Nicollet Aves,
>>Burnsville. 952-707-4120

> Take that there apricot stuff, stir in a spoonful of ketchup, a spoonful or
> two of the purest horseradish you can find, and a dash of worcestershire
> sauce. Mmm good for dipping. I use my plum jam, especially if the plums
> are picked a little hard, makes a kind of tarty kind of jam.
> Edrena, a little tart herself.

Okay Barb, get out the spoon and whack Edrena a couple of times. It's
too early in the morning to be talking dirty. <VBG>

George

The Joneses

George Shirley wrote:

> The Joneses wrote:
>
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> >>LOL! Isn't the conserve yummy? I made a dozen small jars for my gift
> >>boxes for my Church Women In Exile bunch -- a small jar of Penzeys
> >>Breakfast Sausage Seasoning, a pound of ground pork from a local farmer
> >>(to make into breakfast sausage), and a jar of the conserve. You can
> >>thin out the apricot jam (though it's pretty soft) with some vinegar and
> >>use it to dunk egg rolls or chicken parts.
> >>
> >>Whenever I get my shapely arms (ROTFL) around a wood spoon, George just
> >>comes to mind. Dunno why. . . . I have a couple spoons that have
> >>handles that are nearly 2 feet long -- bought them in Czechoslovakia for
> >>a song -- maybe 75 cents each. One's got Jorge's name on it. . . .
> >>And that should be my GRAYcious locks. "-) I'm glad you like the
> >>pickle hat. :-) I'll expect pictures. Have you looked at my website?
> >>Pickle Hats in Thailand. :-)
> >>--
> >>-Barb
> >>State Fair prizewinning jams and jellies for sale at the Burnsville
> >>Senior Citizens Bake Sale, November 19, 2003; 9:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
> >>Diamondhead Education Center, Burnsville Parkway & Nicollet Aves,
> >>Burnsville. 952-707-4120

> > Take that there apricot stuff, stir in a spoonful of ketchup, a spoonful or
> > two of the purest horseradish you can find, and a dash of worcestershire
> > sauce. Mmm good for dipping. I use my plum jam, especially if the plums
> > are picked a little hard, makes a kind of tarty kind of jam.
> > Edrena, a little tart herself.
> >

> Okay Barb, get out the spoon and whack Edrena a couple of times. It's
> too early in the morning to be talking dirty. <VBG>
>
> George

A Plum Tart dirty? I don't think so. OTOH, a cream pie, properly thrown...
Edrena, never the athlete.