FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   How many apples to make applesauce? (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/8324-how-many-apples-make.html)

connie 15-10-2003 01:48 AM

How many apples to make applesauce?

How many quarts of applesauce will I get from a bushel of apples?

Melba's Jammin' 15-10-2003 02:23 AM

How many apples to make applesauce?

In article >,
(connie) wrote:

> How many quarts of applesauce will I get from a bushel of apples?

http://horticulture.missouri.edu/apple/yields.htm

I'm going to guess 12-15 quarts.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-10-03; check the PickleHats tab)

KenCo 15-10-2003 06:14 AM

connie wrote:

> How many quarts of applesauce will I get from a bushel of apples?

it really depends on the "size" of the apples
as you waste a lot coring/peeling them.
sm-avg = almost 40%+ waste
lg./selects 15-20% or so.

I use a hand crank corer/peeler, a great gadget
and minimal waste!

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced ;)