Kathi

Default what to do with green tomato chutney?

Made a double batch of green tomato chutney today (had to do something
with all the green ones after last night's hard frost) - has tomatoes,
onions, raisins, mustard seed, cinnamon, cayenne, brown sugar, cider
vinegar in it. Tastes sweet and vinegary, with a bit of a hot bite to
it. Question is, now that I've got 9 jars of it, what do I eat it
with?

Kathi
Kacey

Mix with some sour cream for a dip; combine with a little beer or wine,
puree and use instead of plum sauce with duck; drain, mix with bread
crumbs or cubes and stuff a rolled roast.
Kacey

--
Outgoing messages scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2003

Dianna Visek

I regularly eat chutney with rice and tofu. It's also good with cream
cheese as a spread. Just put the chutney over the block of cream
cheese. I often cook chicken with chutney. Keep trying things and
you'll find more uses.

Regards, Dianna
To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.
George Shirley

As a devout southern male all I can say about chutney and tofu is
YYUUCCKK!! Where's the beef, where's the pork? <VBG>

George

Dianna Visek wrote:

> I regularly eat chutney with rice and tofu. It's also good with cream
> cheese as a spread. Just put the chutney over the block of cream
> cheese. I often cook chicken with chutney. Keep trying things and
> you'll find more uses.
>
> Regards, Dianna
> To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.

Dianna Visek

Not in my arteries!

Regards, Dianna (who hasn't eaten beef or pork in 30 years)

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 07:47:50 -0500, George Shirley
> wrote:

>As a devout southern male all I can say about chutney and tofu is
>YYUUCCKK!! Where's the beef, where's the pork? <VBG>
>
>George
>
>Dianna Visek wrote:
>
>> I regularly eat chutney with rice and tofu. It's also good with cream
>> cheese as a spread. Just put the chutney over the block of cream
>> cheese. I often cook chicken with chutney. Keep trying things and
>> you'll find more uses.
>>
>> Regards, Dianna
>> To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.

To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.
Feuer

Don't know 'bout this chutney, but others can be used for dipping Indian
breads, samosas, etc. or used as a sort of liquid garnish (there must be
a word for that) on curries and such.

David

REQ__Any green tomato chutney recipes you would like to share? [email protected] Preserving 7 04-09-2011 04:36 PM
Green tomato chutney recipe Nicky Diabetic 6 18-10-2009 07:28 PM
green tomato chutney Ophelia[_4_] Preserving 12 19-11-2007 05:21 PM
Green Tomato Chutney Duckie ® Recipes 0 19-07-2005 11:53 PM
Apple and Green Tomato Chutney [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 26-11-2003 03:35 PM