George Shirley

Default Cleaning out the pantry

Feeling somewhat energetic this morning and with the coolth of the onset
of autumn to spur me on I cleaned out the pantry this morning. Canned
stuff from year 2000 that looked the least bit suspicious was dumped and
the jars put through the dishwasher. Only about 7 jars all told so not
to bad. Of course with eleven descendants to pass goodies on to not much
gets wasted around here.

Also ran up on a quart of vodka that has had kumquats soaking in it for
nearly two years. Ate the kumquats and saved the booze for the wife as I
don't drink. <VBG> Amazingly the dog liked the kumquats too, I dropped
one and she scarfed it before I could stop her. Guess it didn't hurt her
as she just got up from about a four hour nap and staggered outside to
pee. Seems to be pretty perky too. I wonder if I'll now have to worry
about her picking her own kumquats like she does raspberries and
blueberries?

George

Phaedrine Stonebridge

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> Feeling somewhat energetic this morning and with the coolth of the onset
> of autumn to spur me on I cleaned out the pantry this morning. Canned
> stuff from year 2000 that looked the least bit suspicious was dumped and
> the jars put through the dishwasher. Only about 7 jars all told so not
> to bad. Of course with eleven descendants to pass goodies on to not much
> gets wasted around here.
>
> Also ran up on a quart of vodka that has had kumquats soaking in it for
> nearly two years. Ate the kumquats and saved the booze for the wife as I
> don't drink. <VBG> Amazingly the dog liked the kumquats too, I dropped
> one and she scarfed it before I could stop her. Guess it didn't hurt her
> as she just got up from about a four hour nap and staggered outside to
> pee. Seems to be pretty perky too. I wonder if I'll now have to worry
> about her picking her own kumquats like she does raspberries and
> blueberries?
>
> George

Funny George
Puester

George Shirley wrote:

> Also ran up on a quart of vodka that has had kumquats soaking in it for
> nearly two years. Ate the kumquats and saved the booze for the wife as I
> don't drink. <VBG> Amazingly the dog liked the kumquats too, I dropped
> one and she scarfed it before I could stop her. Guess it didn't hurt her
> as she just got up from about a four hour nap and staggered outside to
> pee. Seems to be pretty perky too. I wonder if I'll now have to worry
> about her picking her own kumquats like she does raspberries and
> blueberries?

Yes, especially if you serve vodka as a chaser!

gloria p
clc

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> Feeling somewhat energetic this morning and with the coolth of the onset
> of autumn to spur me on I cleaned out the pantry this morning. Canned
> stuff from year 2000 that looked the least bit suspicious was dumped and
> the jars put through the dishwasher.

he scarfed it before I could stop her. Guess it didn't hurt her
> as she just got up from about a four hour nap and staggered outside to
> pee. Seems to be pretty perky too.>
> George

There you go, George, talking about my old man again...

Cheryl

George Shirley

clc wrote:
> "George Shirley" > wrote in message
>
>>Feeling somewhat energetic this morning and with the coolth of the onset
>>of autumn to spur me on I cleaned out the pantry this morning. Canned
>>stuff from year 2000 that looked the least bit suspicious was dumped and
>>the jars put through the dishwasher.

> he scarfed it before I could stop her. Guess it didn't hurt her
>
>>as she just got up from about a four hour nap and staggered outside to
>>pee. Seems to be pretty perky too.>
>>George
>>

> There you go, George, talking about my old man again...
>
> Cheryl

Then he and the dog would get along well.

George