William R. Watt

Default this year's production

Finished hunting, gathering, and preserving for another year with the
following results ...

Jelly (cups)
15 elderberry
7 wild plum
5 snow apple
4 sumac-haw
4 apple-mint
3 choke cherry
3 sumac-apple-mint
2 sumac-plum

Jam (cups)
9 snow apple
8 wild plum
3 choke cherry (syrup)

Wine (gallons)
2.5 apple cider
2 elderberry
1 wild plum
1 haw
1 rose hip

Nuts - about 400 black walnuts. It takes 50 to get one cup of "meat", and
one cup of frozen meat makes one pie. But I'll plant 100 or so of the
biggest nuts for future generations of nut pie lovers. BTW I found out
this year that you remove pieces of nut shell from the finished product by
touch, not by sight - much quicker, easier, and 'way more thorough.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm