Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Jorge, you old goat!

Someone named Merry Gaskins took your name in vain on the Facebook
cooking group. She was looking to get this message to you and I said
I'd be pleased to pass it on. Here ya go: George Shirley had
mentioned he had lemon Meyer trees sprouting up all over the place so I
asked him if he would send me a few seeds. He sent me 6 of them and
they all sprouted but some died. When I divorced I gave this to my mom
to babysit she just gave it back to me the other day. I sent him a can
of smoked sturgeon as a thank you but if he's still around I thought
he'd like to know that he spread the love!

She posted a picture of a tree in a pot -- appears it might be 2-3 feet tall.

I've done my Christian duty.
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 7/3/2017 10:16 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Someone named Merry Gaskins took your name in vain on the Facebook
> cooking group.She was looking to get this message to you and I said I'd
> be pleased to pass it on.Here ya go:George Shirley had mentioned he had
> lemon Meyer trees sprouting up all over the place so I asked him if he
> would send me a few seeds. He sent me 6 of them and they all sprouted
> but some died. When I divorced I gave this to my mom to babysit she just
> gave it back to me the other day. I sent him a can of smoked sturgeon as
> a thank you but if he's still around I thought he'd like to know that he
> spread the love!
>

> She posted a picture of a tree in a pot -- appears it might be 2-3 feet
> tall.
>

> I've done my Christian duty.

> Barb
>
> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

I vaguely remember the seeds, must have been in Loosyanna as our lemon
trees here all died in a frost last January. I do miss those one lb
lemons but still have a few quart bags of frozen lemon juice. I do
remember the sturgeon, only time we've ever eaten that fish. Mostly we
eat bagged fish from the stupormarket nowadays. My old legs are steadily
giving up the ghost so not much fishing anymore.

Middle grandson fishes a lot with his boys and is bountiful in giving
his grandparents some fish each time. Alas, it looks like the heat or
some insects are killing my pear tree. Possibly by the back to back
freezes in January or the !@#$% drilling insects here. I still spread
the love with the young people who have no idea that food can come from
the ground in your yard. There's at least two more old goats gardening
in this subdivision, all of us in raised beds due to the several feet of
clay with a scattering of sand called dirt in our yards. All to avoid
flood insurance.

George

PING: Jorge Melba's Jammin' Preserving 7 02-04-2010 08:59 PM
Has anyone seen Jorge lately? zxcvbob Preserving 4 25-05-2006 11:32 PM
Ping Jorge Loki Preserving 2 22-09-2005 09:42 AM
Ping: Jorge Melba's Jammin' Preserving 1 04-02-2005 12:04 PM
Ping: Jorge Melba's Jammin' Preserving 1 01-11-2003 12:12 AM