FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   Tomatoes in oi (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/430597-tomatoes-oi.html)

Ophelia[_11_] 31-08-2014 01:47 PM

Tomatoes in oi

Hello again

I have dehydrated excess tomatoes and would like to use them in oil. How
long would it be safe to store them, if it all, please?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

songbird 31-08-2014 03:20 PM

Tomatoes in oi

Ophelia wrote:
> Hello again
>
> I have dehydrated excess tomatoes and would like to use them in oil. How
> long would it be safe to store them, if it all, please?

never, unless you plan on pressure canning.

things packed in oil are potential botulism
farms.

much better to just leave them dry.

songbird

Ophelia[_11_] 31-08-2014 07:10 PM

Tomatoes in oi

"songbird" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>> Hello again
>>
>> I have dehydrated excess tomatoes and would like to use them in oil.
>> How
>> long would it be safe to store them, if it all, please?

> never, unless you plan on pressure canning.
>
> things packed in oil are potential botulism
> farms.
>
> much better to just leave them dry.

Thank you! I did know about the dangers of that but wondered if I could do
so for short periods.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/