Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default George, you old goat!

Happy birthday!! Take Miz Anne to dinner as penance!!
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:09:16 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Happy birthday!! Take Miz Anne to dinner as penance!!

Happy birthday from me too.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 9/23/2013 7:09 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Happy birthday!! Take Miz Anne to dinner as penance!!

Happy Birthday, George. Pay no attention to Barb, she has no respect
for us older folk.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Happy birthday!! Take Miz Anne to dinner as penance!!

happy birthday George!

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 9/24/2013 5:49 AM, songbird wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> Happy birthday!! Take Miz Anne to dinner as penance!!

> happy birthday George!
>

> songbird

Yes, yesterday I turned 74. Next year I will have a birthday party for
friends and family. My last Bday party was twenty-five years ago, I
swore then I would only have parties every twenty-five years. So, after
next year I will have to wait until I'm 100. Takes the strain off of
everyone.

Miz Anne gave me a very nice Little Giant stepladder, the ladder for the
elderly with extra grab points, a platform to stand on, etc. I may rig
it for body harness too.

For a lot of years now, due to strokes, I can't look straight up without
falling over backwards. We have a deal, I climb the ladder, she stands
behind me with a hand in the middle of my back, seems to do the job.

Of course I have a very large grandson living a couple of blocks away,
for an eight-foot ceiling he doesn't need a stepladder as he is 6 foot
five and can pretty much paint a ceiling while seated. <G>

Thank you all for the best wishes, I slept a good part of yesterday as I
don't sleep well when the Boss Lady is out of town. When she finally got
home about 3 pm yesterday Tilly Dawg and I did the happy dance, almost
as good as Snoopy does it. We've been together since 1958 and married 53
years this coming December, we tend to worry a lot about each other.

George, Miz Anne, and Tilly Dawg

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 08:37:12 -0500, George Shirley >
wrote:

>On 9/24/2013 5:49 AM, songbird wrote:
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>>> Happy birthday!! Take Miz Anne to dinner as penance!!

>> happy birthday George!
>>

>> songbird
>>

>Yes, yesterday I turned 74. Next year I will have a birthday party for
>friends and family. My last Bday party was twenty-five years ago, I
>swore then I would only have parties every twenty-five years. So, after
>next year I will have to wait until I'm 100. Takes the strain off of
>everyone.
>
>Miz Anne gave me a very nice Little Giant stepladder, the ladder for the
>elderly with extra grab points, a platform to stand on, etc. I may rig
>it for body harness too.
>
>For a lot of years now, due to strokes, I can't look straight up without
>falling over backwards. We have a deal, I climb the ladder, she stands
>behind me with a hand in the middle of my back, seems to do the job.
>
>Of course I have a very large grandson living a couple of blocks away,
>for an eight-foot ceiling he doesn't need a stepladder as he is 6 foot
>five and can pretty much paint a ceiling while seated. <G>
>
>Thank you all for the best wishes, I slept a good part of yesterday as I
>don't sleep well when the Boss Lady is out of town. When she finally got
>home about 3 pm yesterday Tilly Dawg and I did the happy dance, almost
>as good as Snoopy does it. We've been together since 1958 and married 53
>years this coming December, we tend to worry a lot about each other.
>
>George, Miz Anne, and Tilly Dawg

Happy Birthday George.
You're catching up, only 4 years my junior. But, that'll only last for
less than a month, then it'll be 5 years again ;-).

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 9/24/2013 9:48 AM, Ross@home wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 08:37:12 -0500, George Shirley >
> wrote:

>>> happy birthday George!
>>>

>>> songbird
>>>

>> Yes, yesterday I turned 74. Next year I will have a birthday party for
>> friends and family. My last Bday party was twenty-five years ago, I
>> swore then I would only have parties every twenty-five years. So, after
>> next year I will have to wait until I'm 100. Takes the strain off of
>> everyone.
>>
>> Miz Anne gave me a very nice Little Giant stepladder, the ladder for the
>> elderly with extra grab points, a platform to stand on, etc. I may rig
>> it for body harness too.
>>
>> For a lot of years now, due to strokes, I can't look straight up without
>> falling over backwards. We have a deal, I climb the ladder, she stands
>> behind me with a hand in the middle of my back, seems to do the job.
>>
>> Of course I have a very large grandson living a couple of blocks away,
>> for an eight-foot ceiling he doesn't need a stepladder as he is 6 foot
>> five and can pretty much paint a ceiling while seated. <G>
>>
>> Thank you all for the best wishes, I slept a good part of yesterday as I
>> don't sleep well when the Boss Lady is out of town. When she finally got
>> home about 3 pm yesterday Tilly Dawg and I did the happy dance, almost
>> as good as Snoopy does it. We've been together since 1958 and married 53
>> years this coming December, we tend to worry a lot about each other.
>>
>> George, Miz Anne, and Tilly Dawg

> Happy Birthday George.
> You're catching up, only 4 years my junior. But, that'll only last for
> less than a month, then it'll be 5 years again ;-).
>
> Ross.
> Southern Ontario, Canada

That makes you the "Older goat than George." <G> Most of the men in my
family died of heart attacks when still relatively young. I've had a few
of them myself but thank goodness for modern medicine.

The weather here changed again, going back to hot from cool, my sinuses
are in an uproar already. Even the dawg is wheezing and snorting. If
it's not one thing, then it's another.

George