FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   It's been a long time (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/423143-its-been-long-time.html)

cooksalot 04-03-2013 08:37 PM

It's been a long time

It's been a long time and I just wanted to stop in and say hi. Since living in an apartment it's been hard to find the space for canning and preserving. Last spring I did re-certify my Master Food Preserver training here in Idaho. Now if only things would settle down enough that we could try to buy a house again.
Any way! I think of the group all the time and thought I would just stop in and say hi.

Vicky

bigwheel 04-03-2013 11:51 PM

Welcome back. I feels your pain on the not much room to work angle. Same situation here but with a small empty nester type crib with tiny kitchen. My main cooking heroics is in the 20' wannabe Roach Coach Motor Home parked in the driveway. Had a complete sausage making operation set up in there as well as making my world famous chow chow..kim chee and other evil concoctions too heinous to mention..lol. That can take a lot of muss..fuss and stinky fumes out of the house. Hope you get the change of scenery thing worked out soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooksalot (Post 1818718)

Melba's Jammin' 05-03-2013 05:40 PM

It's been a long time

In article >,
cooksalot > wrote:

> It's been a long time and I just wanted to stop in and say hi. Since living
> in an apartment it's been hard to find the space for canning and preserving.
> Last spring I did re-certify my Master Food Preserver training here in Idaho.
> Now if only things would settle down enough that we could try to buy a house
> again.
> Any way! I think of the group all the time and thought I would just stop in
> and say hi.
>
> Vicky

Wow! Long time no see, Vicky! It would be nice if you'd stick around,
Woman. Ma doesn't have time for us any more. :-( (Why are you in an
apartment?) How're the kiddoes?

--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of February 10, 2013.