Bpyboy

Default Vac Sealer problem?

Hi guys,
I got a Black and Decker "Seal-Away" off ebay yesterday.
it was new in the box, unused.

Here's my problem. THe vacuum pump seems to work, and the sealing wires do too
(ie, the heat adjustment, etc). The problem is, when I go to vacuum out the
included bags, they just don't vacuum! It seems like a sort of crumby design,
really, where you apply pressure to only one side of the sealing bar for
vacuum, then both sides for sealing.

I don't know, i messed with it with both empty and full bags... I watched the
included video, and i'm not seeing what my problem is.

Any suggestions about how to see if the problem is with me or the sealer?

Thanks,
John