Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default OCD (Obsessive Confiture-Jar Disorder)

Couple of links I thought might be of interest to the group:

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2010/06/jars/

Hi--My name is Mimi and I am a jar-a-holic. I bought two cases of
jars today...I really didn't 'need' them. I thought they were 'cute'
and was concerned that if I didn't get these 'cute' jars NOW, the
store would run out of them, never carry them again and I would regret
not getting them.

Then there is this one:

http://www.foodinjars.com/2010/05/th...-canning-jars/

It is truly amazing...I have a 'special' stash of jars too.

[Is any of this normal???]

: - ]
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 9/21/2010 4:31 PM, Mimi wrote:
> Couple of links I thought might be of interest to the group:
>
> http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2010/06/jars/
>
> Hi--My name is Mimi and I am a jar-a-holic. I bought two cases of
> jars today...I really didn't 'need' them. I thought they were 'cute'
> and was concerned that if I didn't get these 'cute' jars NOW, the
> store would run out of them, never carry them again and I would regret
> not getting them.
>
> Then there is this one:
>
> http://www.foodinjars.com/2010/05/th...-canning-jars/
>
> It is truly amazing...I have a 'special' stash of jars too.
>
> [Is any of this normal???]
>
> : - ]

You're perfectly normal for this group Mimi.

Hi! I'm George and I have an entire pantry and a closet full of jars. I
also hit the thrift shops on a routine basis. If I give you jams and
jellies or pickles I fully expect to get the jars and rings back, sooner
rather than later. If I don't, you're off my gift list.

I have a number of special jars, some going back fifty years or more,
they're still good so I still use them, at least the ones that take a
two-piece lid.

I don't think there is a twelve-step program for canning junkies, is there?
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:48:23 -0500, George Shirley
> > wrote:
>
>>On 9/21/2010 4:31 PM, Mimi wrote:
>>> Couple of links I thought might be of interest to the group:
>>>
>>> http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2010/06/jars/
>>>
>>> Hi--My name is Mimi and I am a jar-a-holic. I bought two cases of
>>> jars today...I really didn't 'need' them. I thought they were 'cute'
>>> and was concerned that if I didn't get these 'cute' jars NOW, the
>>> store would run out of them, never carry them again and I would regret
>>> not getting them.
>>>
>>> Then there is this one:
>>>
>>> http://www.foodinjars.com/2010/05/th...-canning-jars/
>>>
>>> It is truly amazing...I have a 'special' stash of jars too.
>>>
>>> [Is any of this normal???]
>>>
>>> : - ]

>>You're perfectly normal for this group Mimi.
>>
>>Hi! I'm George and I have an entire pantry and a closet full of jars. I
>>also hit the thrift shops on a routine basis. If I give you jams and
>>jellies or pickles I fully expect to get the jars and rings back, sooner
>>rather than later. If I don't, you're off my gift list.
>>
>>I have a number of special jars, some going back fifty years or more,
>>they're still good so I still use them, at least the ones that take a
>>two-piece lid.
>>
>>I don't think there is a twelve-step program for canning junkies, is
>>there?

> I hope not. It is too much fun.
> --
> Susan N.

agreed - nothing to be ashamed of!

Hilarious read Mimi!

Kathi

> "Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral,
> 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
> Vittorio De Sica, Italian movie director (1901-1974)

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:48:23 -0500, George Shirley
> wrote:

>On 9/21/2010 4:31 PM, Mimi wrote:
>> Couple of links I thought might be of interest to the group:
>>
>> http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2010/06/jars/
>>
>> Hi--My name is Mimi and I am a jar-a-holic. I bought two cases of
>> jars today...I really didn't 'need' them. I thought they were 'cute'
>> and was concerned that if I didn't get these 'cute' jars NOW, the
>> store would run out of them, never carry them again and I would regret
>> not getting them.
>>
>> Then there is this one:
>>
>> http://www.foodinjars.com/2010/05/th...-canning-jars/
>>
>> It is truly amazing...I have a 'special' stash of jars too.
>>
>> [Is any of this normal???]
>>
>> : - ]

>You're perfectly normal for this group Mimi.
>
>Hi! I'm George and I have an entire pantry and a closet full of jars. I
>also hit the thrift shops on a routine basis. If I give you jams and
>jellies or pickles I fully expect to get the jars and rings back, sooner
>rather than later. If I don't, you're off my gift list.
>
>I have a number of special jars, some going back fifty years or more,
>they're still good so I still use them, at least the ones that take a
>two-piece lid.
>
>I don't think there is a twelve-step program for canning junkies, is there?

I hope not. It is too much fun.
--
Susan N.

I think I have an eating disorder! Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 9 04-09-2012 07:45 AM
Food Disorder Richard Vegan 5 21-10-2007 04:27 PM
Vegan is NOT an eating disorder Beach Runner Vegan 0 24-12-2005 10:17 AM
What type of disorder is this? [email protected] Vegan 12 13-02-2005 07:45 PM
Chung - compulsive or obsessive...? Mosaic M_uns Preserving 0 21-05-2004 05:32 AM