Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Orange Jelly

Does anyone have a recipe for orange jelly. I have a bunch of Blood
Oranges. I found a recipe for BO marmalade, a peach & orange
marmalade and a spiced orange jelly that I may eliminated the spices
in. I also have my rhubarb/orange jelly recipe. I may also have
enough frozen peaches to do the peach rhubarb jam.

If anyone has any other or additional ideas let me know. I think I
will start on the marmalades and then at least juice the oranges if I
run out of steam.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

The Cook wrote:
> Does anyone have a recipe for orange jelly. I have a bunch of Blood
> Oranges. I found a recipe for BO marmalade, a peach & orange
> marmalade and a spiced orange jelly that I may eliminated the spices
> in. I also have my rhubarb/orange jelly recipe. I may also have
> enough frozen peaches to do the peach rhubarb jam.
>
> If anyone has any other or additional ideas let me know. I think I
> will start on the marmalades and then at least juice the oranges if I
> run out of steam.

You should be able to adapt this recipe from UGA to your needs:

http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_07/orange_jelly.html
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:02:51 -0600, George Shirley
> wrote:

>The Cook wrote:
>> Does anyone have a recipe for orange jelly. I have a bunch of Blood
>> Oranges. I found a recipe for BO marmalade, a peach & orange
>> marmalade and a spiced orange jelly that I may eliminated the spices
>> in. I also have my rhubarb/orange jelly recipe. I may also have
>> enough frozen peaches to do the peach rhubarb jam.
>>
>> If anyone has any other or additional ideas let me know. I think I
>> will start on the marmalades and then at least juice the oranges if I
>> run out of steam.

>You should be able to adapt this recipe from UGA to your needs:
>
>http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_07/orange_jelly.html

Thanks George. I will compare this with the spiced orange jelly
recipe I have printed out. Thought I would make it minus the spices.

--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

The Cook wrote:
> Does anyone have a recipe for orange jelly. I have a bunch of Blood
> Oranges. I found a recipe for BO marmalade, a peach & orange
> marmalade and a spiced orange jelly that I may eliminated the spices
> in. I also have my rhubarb/orange jelly recipe. I may also have
> enough frozen peaches to do the peach rhubarb jam.
>
> If anyone has any other or additional ideas let me know. I think I
> will start on the marmalades and then at least juice the oranges if I
> run out of steam.

The citrus jelly from Certo is wonderful. I've made it with both regular
and blood oranges.

Recipe:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/...lly-60900.aspx

Pics of my jelly from that recipe:

http://pics.livejournal.com/serenejo...ic/000098wa/g5
http://pics.livejournal.com/serenejo...ic/0000ac74/g5
http://www.flickr.com/photos/serenej...7603276477442/

Serene

--
"I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Here's a recipe I use to make one small single jar of marmalade. We
don't eat enough to warrant taking out the canning supplies.

Easy Orange Marmalade Recipe #78925
So easy to make! It makes one jar and is good on toast, or for
whatever recipe you use Orange Marmalade for. Enjoy!
by carole in orlando

25 min | 10 min prep

1 jar

* 1 medium navel orange
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1/2 cup sugar

1. Select Navel oranges that have the thinnest peel.
2. If the orange is large double the amount of water and sugar.
3. Wash the orange thoroughly.
4. Cut off both ends of the orange.
5. Cut the orange in half, cut each half in about eight sections.
6. Place the orange sections in the food processor and pulse until
the peel in is tiny pieces.
7. In a medium saucepan place the processed orange, the water and
the sugar and bring to a gentle boil.
8. Boil for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
9. Let cool, then place in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
10. Refrigerate to store.
11. When it is cold it is ready to eat.
12. I use 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda and it works well.

© 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:41:33 -0500, The Cook >
wrote:

>Does anyone have a recipe for orange jelly. I have a bunch of Blood
>Oranges. I found a recipe for BO marmalade, a peach & orange
>marmalade and a spiced orange jelly that I may eliminated the spices
>in. I also have my rhubarb/orange jelly recipe. I may also have
>enough frozen peaches to do the peach rhubarb jam.
>
>If anyone has any other or additional ideas let me know. I think I
>will start on the marmalades and then at least juice the oranges if I
>run out of steam.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Linda wrote:
> Here's a recipe I use to make one small single jar of marmalade. We
> don't eat enough to warrant taking out the canning supplies.

Many bread machines, especially ones sold to the European market have a
marmalde cycle. I have not tried it, but it's simple enough. You put
everything in, hit the button and then jar it when done.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Linda wrote:
>> Here's a recipe I use to make one small single jar of marmalade. We
>> don't eat enough to warrant taking out the canning supplies.

> Many bread machines, especially ones sold to the European market have a
> marmalde cycle. I have not tried it, but it's simple enough. You put
> everything in, hit the button and then jar it when done.

I'm told by people who have done it, it makes a real mess. You have to
put a covering of foil on it, with steam vents cut in. Otherwise you've
you get hot sugar syrup splattering all over the inside of the machine.

B/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Thank's so much for this single recipe--sounds great i will try it with
splender also-im in Fl too-Bithlo-thank's again,Mary

Plain Orange Jelly mithunchowdhury Recipes 0 09-01-2012 05:20 PM
Orange Zucchini Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing Cookie Cooks Recipes (moderated) 0 25-11-2006 04:18 AM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Beer 3 27-01-2005 03:03 AM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Chocolate 0 25-01-2005 04:00 PM
Orange Jelly Bob Gillespie Preserving 1 02-01-2004 12:04 PM