Puester

Default I feel so guilty!

We were back in CT this weekend for my step-FIL's
memorial service. He had a long, full life, two
wives, and died at 95.

We also emptied out most of the house for the new owners,
leaving behind quite a few small items for a handyman to
clear out and distribute wherever he chooses. Most of it
will go to friends, flea markets, Salvation Army shop, etc.

My guilt was enormous over leaving boxes and boxes of
canning jars, mostly quarts, mostly empty, in the cellar.
Unfortunately we had no way of transporting or shipping
them safely. I did check to make sure there were no
blue or green ones in the boxes.

The few jars that were full were either tomatoes or
jams, there since my MIL died in 2001.

Sadly, FIL was the last of the older generation in
our families, the end of an era.

gloria p