pheasant

Default Spiced Peach recipe

We've an over abundance of gorgeous peaches, and want to put up some spiced
as well as regualar canned ones.
Anybody care to share a recipe?
Thanks
Mark

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "pheasant"
> wrote:

> We've an over abundance of gorgeous peaches, and want to put up some
> spiced as well as regualar canned ones. Anybody care to share a
> recipe?

> Thanks
> Mark

Not a recipe per se, but just an idea: Either simmer whole spices in the
syrup to infuse the syrup with flavor, or put a couple cloves and a
small piece of cinnamon stick in each jar before packing the peaches and
filling with syrup.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "pheasant"
> wrote:

> We've an over abundance of gorgeous peaches, and want to put up some
> spiced as well as regualar canned ones. Anybody care to share a
> recipe?

> Thanks
> Mark

Not a recipe per se, but just an idea: Either simmer whole spices in the
syrup to infuse the syrup with flavor, or put a couple cloves and a
small piece of cinnamon stick in each jar before packing the peaches and
filling with syrup.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

pheasant

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

> Not a recipe per se, but just an idea: Either simmer whole spices in the
> syrup to infuse the syrup with flavor, or put a couple cloves and a
> small piece of cinnamon stick in each jar before packing the peaches and
> filling with syrup.

Thanks Barb!!

Kind of what I thought. Told Momma to just tie a few cloves and cinnamon
chunks into a bag and let simmer in the syrup. She oft doesn't gives me
credit for knowing stuff; so had to ask.
--
Four boxes protect our freedom: the soap box, the
ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "pheasant"
> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>
> > Not a recipe per se, but just an idea: Either simmer whole spices in the
> > syrup to infuse the syrup with flavor, or put a couple cloves and a
> > small piece of cinnamon stick in each jar before packing the peaches and
> > filling with syrup.

> Thanks Barb!!
>
> Kind of what I thought. Told Momma to just tie a few cloves and cinnamon
> chunks into a bag and let simmer in the syrup. She oft doesn't gives me
> credit for knowing stuff; so had to ask.

Maybe a couple three whole allspice, too. Whatever floats your boat.
Ginger is nice with peaches, too. I made some Ginger Peach Jam earlier
this summer and loaded it with fresh ginger and some slivered candied
ginger. A friend says it's to die for. I wasn't all that wild about
it, myself.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "pheasant"
> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>
> > Not a recipe per se, but just an idea: Either simmer whole spices in the
> > syrup to infuse the syrup with flavor, or put a couple cloves and a
> > small piece of cinnamon stick in each jar before packing the peaches and
> > filling with syrup.

> Thanks Barb!!
>
> Kind of what I thought. Told Momma to just tie a few cloves and cinnamon
> chunks into a bag and let simmer in the syrup. She oft doesn't gives me
> credit for knowing stuff; so had to ask.

Maybe a couple three whole allspice, too. Whatever floats your boat.
Ginger is nice with peaches, too. I made some Ginger Peach Jam earlier
this summer and loaded it with fresh ginger and some slivered candied
ginger. A friend says it's to die for. I wasn't all that wild about
it, myself.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

K. Reece

"pheasant" > wrote in message
> We've an over abundance of gorgeous peaches, and want to put up some

spiced
> as well as regualar canned ones.
> Anybody care to share a recipe?
> Thanks
> Mark

I made two batches of spiced peaches earlier this summer. The first batch I
just threw a couple of hand fulls of cloves in the liquid and didn't strain
it out. I put a cinnamon stick in each jar. They're really yummy but the
cloves are strong enough to make your tongue numb! LOL The second batch I
tied the cloves up in a piece of cheesecloth and put the cinnamon stick in
the jar. They're even better.

The basic recipe is

1 cup vinegar
1 cup water
4 cups of sugar
4 pounds of peaches
1 to 2 tablespoons cloves
5 cinnamon sticks (one for each jar)

Kathy

K. Reece

"pheasant" > wrote in message
> We've an over abundance of gorgeous peaches, and want to put up some

spiced
> as well as regualar canned ones.
> Anybody care to share a recipe?
> Thanks
> Mark

I made two batches of spiced peaches earlier this summer. The first batch I
just threw a couple of hand fulls of cloves in the liquid and didn't strain
it out. I put a cinnamon stick in each jar. They're really yummy but the
cloves are strong enough to make your tongue numb! LOL The second batch I
tied the cloves up in a piece of cheesecloth and put the cinnamon stick in
the jar. They're even better.

The basic recipe is

1 cup vinegar
1 cup water
4 cups of sugar
4 pounds of peaches
1 to 2 tablespoons cloves
5 cinnamon sticks (one for each jar)

Kathy

KenCo

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, "pheasant"
> > wrote:
>

>>We've an over abundance of gorgeous peaches, and want to put up some
>>spiced as well as regualar canned ones. Anybody care to share a
>>recipe?

>>Thanks
>>Mark

> Not a recipe per se, but just an idea: Either simmer whole spices in the
> syrup to infuse the syrup with flavor, or put a couple cloves and a
> small piece of cinnamon stick in each jar before packing the peaches and
> filling with syrup.

try adding ground "apple pie spice", it doesnt come on as strong
as whole spices when shelved for any long period and gives it great
flavor. I use that for chunky spiced apple raisin sauce.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, KenCo
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

(snip)

> > Not a recipe per se, but just an idea: Either simmer whole spices
> > in the syrup to infuse the syrup with flavor, or put a couple
> > cloves and a small piece of cinnamon stick in each jar before
> > packing the peaches and filling with syrup.

> try adding ground "apple pie spice", it doesnt come on as strong
> as whole spices when shelved for any long period and gives it great
> flavor. I use that for chunky spiced apple raisin sauce.

I think the ground spices, though, would make the syrup kind of murky.
I'm thinking that the whole spices would flavor the syrup and might cast
a golden glow on it, but it would still be pretty clear. JAT.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, KenCo
> wrote:

(snip)