K. Reece

Default those leftover plums

I only had two cups of red plums so I added enough black plums to equal half
the plum jam recipe and added blackberries. Oh yum!! And it's a gorgeous
color too!!!

After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt. Dew jelly.

Kathy

Kristie Kinney

hello

how would you go about making mt. dew jelly? sounds interesting.

kristie

"K. Reece" > wrote in message
> I only had two cups of red plums so I added enough black plums to equal

half
> the plum jam recipe and added blackberries. Oh yum!! And it's a gorgeous
> color too!!!
>
> After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt. Dew

jelly.

> Kathy

Kristie Kinney

"K. Reece" > wrote in message
> I only had two cups of red plums so I added enough black plums to equal

half
> the plum jam recipe and added blackberries. Oh yum!! And it's a gorgeous
> color too!!!
>
> After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt. Dew

jelly.

> Kathy

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "K. Reece" >
wrote:

> I only had two cups of red plums so I added enough black plums to
> equal half the plum jam recipe and added blackberries. Oh yum!! And
> it's a gorgeous color too!!!
>

> After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt. Dew
> jelly.
>
> Kathy

WHY? Oh, where is that Jerry Roush anyway? He worked it up as a gag
for a friend. I tasted it. It made me gag.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello
tab for Fire Muster pics.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "K. Reece" >
wrote:

> I only had two cups of red plums so I added enough black plums to
> equal half the plum jam recipe and added blackberries. Oh yum!! And
> it's a gorgeous color too!!!
>

> After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt. Dew
> jelly.
>
> Kathy

WHY? Oh, where is that Jerry Roush anyway? He worked it up as a gag
for a friend. I tasted it. It made me gag.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello
tab for Fire Muster pics.

K. Reece

"Kristie Kinney" > wrote in message
> hello
>
> how would you go about making mt. dew jelly? sounds interesting.
>
> kristie

Just like you'd make any other jelly. I found the recipe on this newsgroup.

Kathy

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mountain Dew Jelly

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Jams and Jellies

3 1/4 C Mountain Dew
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
4 1/2 C Sugar
1 box Sure Jell Pectin
1/2 tsp margarine

Pour the Dew and lemon juice into a large (6 or 8 qt) saucepan. Stir
in 1 box Sure-jell pectin. Add margarine (to prevent foaming during
cooking). Bring mixture to a full rolling boil on high heat, stirring
constantly. Add the sugar all at once. Return to full rolling boil
for 1 minute stirring constantly. This one needs skimmed! Ladle
into jars and process.

Yield:
"6 half pints"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 3508 Calories; 2g Fat (0.5% calories
from fat); trace Protein; 902g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 32mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 60 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0

K. Reece

"Kristie Kinney" > wrote in message
> hello
>
> how would you go about making mt. dew jelly? sounds interesting.
>
> kristie

Just like you'd make any other jelly. I found the recipe on this newsgroup.

Kathy

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mountain Dew Jelly

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Jams and Jellies

3 1/4 C Mountain Dew
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
4 1/2 C Sugar
1 box Sure Jell Pectin
1/2 tsp margarine

Pour the Dew and lemon juice into a large (6 or 8 qt) saucepan. Stir
in 1 box Sure-jell pectin. Add margarine (to prevent foaming during
cooking). Bring mixture to a full rolling boil on high heat, stirring
constantly. Add the sugar all at once. Return to full rolling boil
for 1 minute stirring constantly. This one needs skimmed! Ladle
into jars and process.

Yield:
"6 half pints"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 3508 Calories; 2g Fat (0.5% calories
from fat); trace Protein; 902g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 32mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 60 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0

K. Reece

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >, "K. Reece" >
> wrote:
>
> > I only had two cups of red plums so I added enough black plums to
> > equal half the plum jam recipe and added blackberries. Oh yum!! And
> > it's a gorgeous color too!!!
> >

> > After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt. Dew
> > jelly.
> >
> > Kathy

> WHY? Oh, where is that Jerry Roush anyway? He worked it up as a gag
> for a friend. I tasted it. It made me gag.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello
> tab for Fire Muster pics.

Uhhhhhh, because I can??? I'm slightly insane and I've finally gone over
the edge??

Actually I ran across it when I googled this group for pepper jelly recipes
and suggested it (as a JOKE) to my girlfriend and she thought it was a cool
idea. Whatever. I told her she has to share with the dil that's always
bugging me to buy her Dew when they come to the house for dinner.

It is a weird color. I think if I ever make it again I'll add a little blue
food color so it turns out a pale green.

Kathy

K. Reece

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >, "K. Reece" >
> wrote:
>
> > I only had two cups of red plums so I added enough black plums to
> > equal half the plum jam recipe and added blackberries. Oh yum!! And
> > it's a gorgeous color too!!!
> >

> > After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt. Dew
> > jelly.
> >
> > Kathy

> WHY? Oh, where is that Jerry Roush anyway? He worked it up as a gag
> for a friend. I tasted it. It made me gag.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello
> tab for Fire Muster pics.

Uhhhhhh, because I can??? I'm slightly insane and I've finally gone over
the edge??

Actually I ran across it when I googled this group for pepper jelly recipes
and suggested it (as a JOKE) to my girlfriend and she thought it was a cool
idea. Whatever. I told her she has to share with the dil that's always
bugging me to buy her Dew when they come to the house for dinner.

It is a weird color. I think if I ever make it again I'll add a little blue
food color so it turns out a pale green.

Kathy

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "K. Reece" >
wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "K. Reece"
> > > wrote:

> > > After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt.
> > > Dew jelly.
> > >
> > > Kathy

> > WHY? Oh, where is that Jerry Roush anyway? He worked it up as a
> > gag for a friend. I tasted it. It made me gag. -- -Barb,

> Uhhhhhh, because I can??? I'm slightly insane and I've finally gone
> over the edge??

That'd work! <grin>

> Actually I ran across it when I googled this group for pepper jelly
> recipes and suggested it (as a JOKE) to my girlfriend and she thought
> it was a cool idea. Whatever. I told her she has to share with the
> dil that's always bugging me to buy her Dew when they come to the
> house for dinner.
>
> It is a weird color.

Pee yellow, IIR. <g>

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello
tab for Fire Muster pics.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "K. Reece" >
wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "K. Reece"
> > > wrote:

> > > After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt.
> > > Dew jelly.
> > >
> > > Kathy

> > WHY? Oh, where is that Jerry Roush anyway? He worked it up as a
> > gag for a friend. I tasted it. It made me gag. -- -Barb,

> Uhhhhhh, because I can??? I'm slightly insane and I've finally gone
> over the edge??

That'd work! <grin>

> Actually I ran across it when I googled this group for pepper jelly
> recipes and suggested it (as a JOKE) to my girlfriend and she thought
> it was a cool idea. Whatever. I told her she has to share with the
> dil that's always bugging me to buy her Dew when they come to the
> house for dinner.
>
> It is a weird color.

Pee yellow, IIR. <g>

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello
tab for Fire Muster pics.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "K. Reece" >
wrote:

> > > After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt.
> > > Dew jelly.
> > >
> > > Kathy

> > WHY? Oh, where is that Jerry Roush anyway? He worked it up as a
> > gag for a friend. I tasted it. It made me gag. -- -Barb,
> > <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello tab
> > for Fire Muster pics.
> >

> Uhhhhhh, because I can??? I'm slightly insane and I've finally gone
> over the edge??
>
> Actually I ran across it when I googled this group for pepper jelly
> recipes and suggested it (as a JOKE) to my girlfriend and she thought
> it was a cool idea. Whatever. I told her she has to share with the
> dil that's always bugging me to buy her Dew when they come to the
> house for dinner.
>
> It is a weird color. I think if I ever make it again I'll add a
> little blue food color so it turns out a pale green.
>
> Kathy

Come to think of it, as whacky as it sounds to me, it might sell well at
the Seniors' Fall Bake Sale -- a great stocking stuffer for your
favorite teenager.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello
tab for Fire Muster pics.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "K. Reece" >
wrote:

> > > After it comes out of the canner I'm going to make a batch of Mt.
> > > Dew jelly.
> > >
> > > Kathy

> > WHY? Oh, where is that Jerry Roush anyway? He worked it up as a
> > gag for a friend. I tasted it. It made me gag. -- -Barb,
> > <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello tab
> > for Fire Muster pics.
> >

> Uhhhhhh, because I can??? I'm slightly insane and I've finally gone
> over the edge??
>
> Actually I ran across it when I googled this group for pepper jelly
> recipes and suggested it (as a JOKE) to my girlfriend and she thought
> it was a cool idea. Whatever. I told her she has to share with the
> dil that's always bugging me to buy her Dew when they come to the
> house for dinner.
>
> It is a weird color. I think if I ever make it again I'll add a
> little blue food color so it turns out a pale green.
>
> Kathy

Come to think of it, as whacky as it sounds to me, it might sell well at
the Seniors' Fall Bake Sale -- a great stocking stuffer for your
favorite teenager.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello
tab for Fire Muster pics.

K. Reece

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

> Come to think of it, as whacky as it sounds to me, it might sell well at
> the Seniors' Fall Bake Sale -- a great stocking stuffer for your
> favorite teenager.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/11/04; check the Hello
> tab for Fire Muster pics.

I found out about an October fest they're having over in Garden in a couple
of weeks so I signed up for a space.

I think I'll take a case of the Mt. Dew and a case of Dr. Pepper to see how
well they do.

Kathy

Plums Kathleen[_4_] General Cooking 8 23-02-2009 09:47 PM
Plums Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 3 23-02-2009 01:19 PM
plums plums plums Petra Hildebrandt[_1_] Preserving 0 28-07-2007 12:29 PM
The Soupification© of Leftover Scalloped Potatoes and Leftover Broccoli Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 3 30-12-2006 06:10 AM
what to do with plums? Ed Kim General Cooking 12 05-03-2005 07:01 PM