FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   Storing Roma until I have enuf? (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/29136-storing-roma-until-i.html)

Michael Horowitz 25-07-2004 02:34 PM

Storing Roma until I have enuf?

The roma's are starting to turn and they will be headed for the
dehydrator. However, three of four are turning while the rest are
green. I'd like to store the early risers until I have enuf to run the
dryer, so I'm looking for way to slow them down.

As I'm doing with my beefsteaks, I could throw them in the freezer;
however, that will disturb the texture; OTOH, drying them destroys the
texture.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed? - Mike