Melba's Jammin'

Default Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'
Keep those pots a'boilin'
Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' St. Pec!

TwoBerry Jam is complete (Strawberry & Blueberry)
Strawberry Jelly is complete

177 jars (two sizes) so far and the peaches and cherries aren't even
here yet. . . . except that some outfit is trucking in some Georgia
peaches tomorrow and I may have to have a looksee. They want something
like $25 for a half bushel. Sounds steep to me, but if they're good. .
.. .

Fleet Farm's got their canning stuff on sale this week! Yeay!! $100
later. . . . And I picked up some more of those 4-oz babies from
WalMart. Gotta sneak 'em past Rob. . . .
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/4/04.

The Joneses

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'
> Keep those pots a'boilin'
> Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' St. Pec!
>
> TwoBerry Jam is complete (Strawberry & Blueberry)
> Strawberry Jelly is complete
>
> 177 jars (two sizes) so far and the peaches and cherries aren't even
> here yet. . . . except that some outfit is trucking in some Georgia
> peaches tomorrow and I may have to have a looksee. They want something
> like $25 for a half bushel. Sounds steep to me, but if they're good. .
> . .
>
> Fleet Farm's got their canning stuff on sale this week! Yeay!! $100
> later. . . . And I picked up some more of those 4-oz babies from
> WalMart. Gotta sneak 'em past Rob. . . .

Sold out at the market again last Saturday before 11:00am. Dropped by
BigLots for more jars. Is this addictive or what? Picked up 40# box of
beets, this is the last of the harvest hereabouts. Offered the market owner
$5 for 6# of apricots, dead ripe, enuf for a couple batches apricot stuff
for the family. Put up 16 jars of okra pickles today, got Monday all
planned for mixed sweet pickles and relish - two kinds. Thanks George! I
did cut back on the sugar, but that's just the way I am. Got plenty of
homegrown bay leaf dried if anybody wants some.
Edrena, thanks to St. Vinagrette