Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Eye Indo

Default Where does God live or what was first ?

What was first, the chicken or the egg ?
The egg. Why ? God made the world in six days, he was tired the seventh day
and he made breakfast. What did he make ? Eggs, because nobody eats
chicken for breakfast.
BUT ....
comida sensa chili es no comida (sp?)
so he made huevos rancheros.
This dish need chilis. Where do the best chilis grow ?
New Mexico !! So he must live there .....

Happy Holidays to all.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
CK

Eye Indo wrote:

> comida sensa chili es no comida (sp?)

Grammar and spelling are both bad and you're trying to stick a
mispelled *Italian* word into the middle of a basically ignorant
aphorism.(1)

Try saying, "Comida sin chile no es comida," and you're still stuck
with the concept of trying to doctor up greasy toasted corn meal with
something to make it interesting to the palate.

But what can impoverished peasants *do* with the bland corn meal and
rice and beans they can afford? Spice it up, spice it up.

I'm *not* impoverished. I can afford better Latin American cuisine than
tacos and tamales and enchiladas and burritos.

I once had an Elmer Dills list of the best Mexican and Latin American
restaurants in Los Angeles. But I sent it to the recycle bin. Here's a
list of the fifty best Latin American restaurants.

http://www.hispaniconline.com/magazi...res/top50.html

Hint: These are *not* taco stands.

> so he made huevos rancheros.
> This dish need chilis. Where do the best chilis grow ?
> New Mexico !! So he must live there .....

That's a matter of opinion. Chiles have been spread all over the world
and have cross-pollinated into many varieties.

> Happy Holidays to all.

You won't offend the vast majority of Americans by saying "Merry
Christmas and Happy New Year," you don't need to go all PC with the
"Happy Holidays" business.

I suspect that the majority are getting tired of that PC crap. We want
our Christmas back.

(1) Ignorance can be cured by education. Stupidity is forever.