Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do You Live To Eat, Or Eat To Live?

I think there are many in this group that watch their daily consumption
of food, and try to eat healthier, and maybe some of you do it because
the doctor has advised it due to weight, or other health issues, such as
Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, or blood pressure allergies, etc.

But are there others of you that just LOVE food period, and throw
caution to the wind and eat what you want and when you want it, and
don't worry about health so much, but just want to enjoy food, and are
not concerned that you might not necessarily be eating the 'right'
things?

I probably fall more into the second category, as I've always loved to
cook and bake, and I also want to taste the finished product. I try to
eat in moderation and a balanced diet, but by the same token, if I want
a piece of chocolate cream pie, heaped with real whipped cream and
chocolate curls, I will go ahead and eat it, even though I know maybe
it's not the best thing for me, and I should be eating carrot sticks
instead.

A person only goes through life once, and I want to enjoy it, which
includs good tasty food, and not a lot of low carb, low fat, less sugar
"fillers" just because it might be better for me, but I suppose I'm
lucky there, as only thing I've been told to do, is cut back on salt.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 4:49*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I think there are many in this group that watch their daily consumption
> of food, and try to eat healthier, and maybe some of you do it because
> the doctor has advised it due to weight, or other health issues, such as
> Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, or blood pressure allergies, etc.
>
> But are there others of you that just LOVE food period, and throw
> caution to the wind and eat what you want and when you want it, and
> don't worry about health so much, but just want to enjoy food, and are
> not concerned that you might not necessarily be eating the 'right'
> things?
>
> I probably fall more into the second category, as I've always loved to
> cook and bake, and I also want to taste the finished product. I try to
> eat in moderation and a balanced diet, but by the same token, if I want
> a piece of chocolate cream pie, heaped with real whipped cream and
> chocolate curls, I will go ahead and eat it, even though I know maybe
> it's not the best thing for me, and I should be eating carrot sticks
> instead.
>
> A person only goes through life once, and I want to enjoy it, which
> includs good tasty food, and not a lot of low carb, low fat, less sugar
> "fillers" just because it might be better for me, but I suppose I'm
> lucky there, as only thing I've been told to do, is cut back on salt.
>
> Judy

**** off, Judy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 2:07*pm, BillyZoom > wrote:
> On Jun 8, 4:49*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
>

> > I think there are many in this group that watch their daily consumption
> > of food, and try to eat healthier, and maybe some of you do it because
> > the doctor has advised it due to weight, or other health issues, such as
> > Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, or blood pressure allergies, etc.

> > But are there others of you that just LOVE food period, and throw
> > caution to the wind and eat what you want and when you want it, and
> > don't worry about health so much, but just want to enjoy food, and are
> > not concerned that you might not necessarily be eating the 'right'
> > things?

> > I probably fall more into the second category, as I've always loved to
> > cook and bake, and I also want to taste the finished product. I try to
> > eat in moderation and a balanced diet, but by the same token, if I want
> > a piece of chocolate cream pie, heaped with real whipped cream and
> > chocolate curls, I will go ahead and eat it, even though I know maybe
> > it's not the best thing for me, and I should be eating carrot sticks
> > instead.

> > A person only goes through life once, and I want to enjoy it, which
> > includs good tasty food, and not a lot of low carb, low fat, less sugar
> > "fillers" just because it might be better for me, but I suppose I'm
> > lucky there, as only thing I've been told to do, is cut back on salt.

> > Judy

> **** off, Judy.

Aw now Billy...you needin' a huggy poo today?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Judy Haffner wrote:
> I think there are many in this group that watch their daily
> consumption of food, and try to eat healthier, and maybe some of you
> do it because the doctor has advised it due to weight, or other
> health issues, such as Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, or blood
> pressure allergies, etc.
>
> But are there others of you that just LOVE food period, and throw
> caution to the wind and eat what you want and when you want it, and
> don't worry about health so much, but just want to enjoy food, and are
> not concerned that you might not necessarily be eating the 'right'
> things?
>
> I probably fall more into the second category, as I've always loved to
> cook and bake, and I also want to taste the finished product. I try to
> eat in moderation and a balanced diet, but by the same token, if I
> want a piece of chocolate cream pie, heaped with real whipped cream
> and chocolate curls, I will go ahead and eat it, even though I know
> maybe it's not the best thing for me, and I should be eating carrot
> sticks instead.
>
> A person only goes through life once, and I want to enjoy it, which
> includs good tasty food, and not a lot of low carb, low fat, less
> sugar "fillers" just because it might be better for me, but I suppose
> I'm lucky there, as only thing I've been told to do, is cut back on
> salt.
>
> Judy

No choice with all my medical problems. Eat to live.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 5:10*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2:07*pm, BillyZoom > wrote:
>

> > On Jun 8, 4:49*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:

> > > I think there are many in this group that watch their daily consumption
> > > of food, and try to eat healthier, and maybe some of you do it because
> > > the doctor has advised it due to weight, or other health issues, such as
> > > Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, or blood pressure allergies, etc.

> > > But are there others of you that just LOVE food period, and throw
> > > caution to the wind and eat what you want and when you want it, and
> > > don't worry about health so much, but just want to enjoy food, and are
> > > not concerned that you might not necessarily be eating the 'right'
> > > things?

> > > I probably fall more into the second category, as I've always loved to
> > > cook and bake, and I also want to taste the finished product. I try to
> > > eat in moderation and a balanced diet, but by the same token, if I want
> > > a piece of chocolate cream pie, heaped with real whipped cream and
> > > chocolate curls, I will go ahead and eat it, even though I know maybe
> > > it's not the best thing for me, and I should be eating carrot sticks
> > > instead.

> > > A person only goes through life once, and I want to enjoy it, which
> > > includs good tasty food, and not a lot of low carb, low fat, less sugar
> > > "fillers" just because it might be better for me, but I suppose I'm
> > > lucky there, as only thing I've been told to do, is cut back on salt.

> > > Judy

> > **** off, Judy.

> Aw now Billy...you needin' a huggy poo today?

Why? You craving dick today?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 5:42*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Judy Haffner wrote:
> > I think there are many in this group that watch their daily
> > consumption of food, and try to eat healthier, and maybe some of you
> > do it because the doctor has advised it due to weight, or other
> > health issues, such as Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, or blood
> > pressure allergies, etc.

> > But are there others of you that just LOVE food period, and throw
> > caution to the wind and eat what you want and when you want it, and
> > don't worry about health so much, but just want to enjoy food, and are
> > not concerned that you might not necessarily be eating the 'right'
> > things?

> > I probably fall more into the second category, as I've always loved to
> > cook and bake, and I also want to taste the finished product. I try to
> > eat in moderation and a balanced diet, but by the same token, if I
> > want a piece of chocolate cream pie, heaped with real whipped cream
> > and chocolate curls, I will go ahead and eat it, even though I know
> > maybe it's not the best thing for me, and I should be eating carrot
> > sticks instead.

> > A person only goes through life once, and I want to enjoy it, which
> > includs good tasty food, and not a lot of low carb, low fat, less
> > sugar "fillers" just because it might be better for me, but I suppose
> > I'm lucky there, as only thing I've been told to do, is cut back on
> > salt.

> > Judy

> No choice with all my medical problems. *Eat to live.

Please, do us a favor and stop.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Judy Haffner wrote:

> But are there others of you that just LOVE food period, and throw
> caution to the wind and eat what you want and when you want it, and
> don't worry about health so much, but just want to enjoy food, and are
> not concerned that you might not necessarily be eating the 'right'
> things?
>
> I probably fall more into the second category, as I've always loved to
> cook and bake, and I also want to taste the finished product. I try to
> eat in moderation and a balanced diet, but by the same token, if I want
> a piece of chocolate cream pie, heaped with real whipped cream and
> chocolate curls, I will go ahead and eat it, even though I know maybe
> it's not the best thing for me, and I should be eating carrot sticks
> instead.

Does anyone *really* like eating carrot sticks? heheheh
What a crappy snack, imo...unless I drown them in a dip of mayo/ketchup.
That pretty much negates the health issue.

> A person only goes through life once, and I want to enjoy it, which
> includs good tasty food, and not a lot of low carb, low fat, less sugar
> "fillers" just because it might be better for me, but I suppose I'm
> lucky there, as only thing I've been told to do, is cut back on salt.
>
> Judy

I'm with you, Judy. I mostly eat whatever comes to mind. I do pay
attention to nutrition concerns and I often eat healthy but my taste buds
also win the menu game often.

IMO, live life to the fullest. Diet is important but regular exercise and
even more importantly....good mental health are the keys to long life.
Personally, I'd rather have a happier shorter life than a long extended one
where important parts of my body are removed and put on some crappy diet
from then on.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 4:49*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I think there are many in this group that watch their daily consumption
> of food, and try to eat healthier, and maybe some of you do it because
> the doctor has advised it due to weight, or other health issues, such as
> Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, or blood pressure allergies, etc.
>
> But are there others of you that just LOVE food period, and throw
> caution to the wind and eat what you want and when you want it, and
> don't worry about health so much, but just want to enjoy food, and are
> not concerned that you might not necessarily be eating the 'right'
> things?
>
> I probably fall more into the second category, as I've always loved to
> cook and bake, and I also want to taste the finished product. I try to
> eat in moderation and a balanced diet, but by the same token, if I want
> a piece of chocolate cream pie, heaped with real whipped cream and
> chocolate curls, I will go ahead and eat it, even though I know maybe
> it's not the best thing for me, and I should be eating carrot sticks
> instead.
>
> A person only goes through life once, and I want to enjoy it, which
> includs good tasty food, and not a lot of low carb, low fat, less sugar
> "fillers" just because it might be better for me, but I suppose I'm
> lucky there, as only thing I've been told to do, is cut back on salt.
>
> Judy

I like eating which is a no no. I'd be better off eating stuff that's
good for me. I don't do it though, so I eat to live. I love the
taste of food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Six days a week, one,
-- one day, t'other.
I value my good health.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 12:49:34 -0800, (Judy Haffner)
wrote:

> Do You Live To Eat, Or Eat To Live?

Yes.
The choices are not mutally exclusive.

--
Ann's Little Brother Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 1:49*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I think there are many in this group that watch their daily consumption
> of food, and try to eat healthier, and maybe some of you do it because
> the doctor has advised it due to weight, or other health issues, such as
> Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, or blood pressure allergies, etc.
>
> But are there others of you that just LOVE food period, and throw
> caution to the wind and eat what you want and when you want it, and
> don't worry about health so much, but just want to enjoy food, and are
> not concerned that you might not necessarily be eating the 'right'
> things?

I eat what I want when I want it. I was much thinner when I strictly
controlled carbs, though.

> I probably fall more into the second category, as I've always loved to
> cook and bake, and I also want to taste the finished product. I try to
> eat in moderation and a balanced diet, but by the same token, if I want
> a piece of chocolate cream pie, heaped with real whipped cream and
> chocolate curls, I will go ahead and eat it, even though I know maybe
> it's not the best thing for me, and I should be eating carrot sticks
> instead.

I almost never eat dessert, or buy it either. Maybe four times a year.
I like toast, sandwiches, rice, and pasta.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

>IMO, live life to the fullest. Diet is
> important but regular exercise and even
> more importantly....good mental health
> are the keys to long life. Personally, I'd
> rather have a happier shorter life than a
> long extended one where important
> parts of my body are removed and put
> on some crappy diet from then on.

I really like your philosophy, Gary! Good way to look at it, and I'm
definitely on the same page as you!

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:

>I like eating which is a no no. I'd be
> better off eating stuff that's good for me.
> I don't do it though, so I eat to live. I
> love the taste of food.

As they say, if you put something in your mouth and it tastes good, spit
it back out, as it must be bad for you!

Do you watch what you eat because you have health problems, or because
you want to prevent having any? I've never had very good will power when
it comes to food.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap 1888 wrote:

>I almost never eat dessert, or buy it
> either. Maybe four times a year. I like
> toast, sandwiches, rice, and pasta.

That's probably a lot better for you. I like toast sandwiches and pasta
also, and rice if mixed with other things, or has a gravy, or sauce over
it, but not by itself so much. I have a terrible sweet tooth though.
Hubby and I just each had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate
syrup over it...Yum! :-)

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 12:50*am, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> A Moose in Love wrote:
>
> >I like eating which is a no no. I'd be
> > better off eating stuff that's good for me.
> > I don't do it though, so I eat to live. I
> > love the taste of food.

> As they say, if you put something in your mouth and it tastes good, spit
> it back out, as it must be bad for you!
>
> Do you watch what you eat because you have health problems, or because
> you want to prevent having any? I've never had very good will power when
> it comes to food.
>
> Judy

I watch what I eat about 1/2 the time. I have diabetes and
gastroparesis. Most food irritates me.