Ben Boyle

Default Chile Pablano

I go to a local Mexican restaurant which has Chile Pablanos. It's a pepper that had cheese and meat put inside of it and
then battered up and deep fried. I have found a store that sells these and I'd like to try cooking them at home. Any
ideas how to do it?

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:22:19 -0400, "Ben Boyle" >
wrote:

>I go to a local Mexican restaurant which has Chile Pablanos. It's a pepper that had cheese and meat put inside of it and
>then battered up and deep fried. I have found a store that sells these and I'd like to try cooking them at home. Any
>ideas how to do it?

In a frying pan with some oil. Or. if they are already cooked,
nuke'em.

jim

Dimitri

"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
>I go to a local Mexican restaurant which has Chile Pablanos. It's a pepper that
>had cheese and meat put inside of it and
> then battered up and deep fried. I have found a store that sells these and I'd
> like to try cooking them at home. Any
> ideas how to do it?

Sure they are called chilies rellenos or refilled chilies in English.

There are a million recipes BTW the chili are called poblanos with an "o"

There are several thousand recipes on the web however generally the poblano
peppers are fire roasted over an open flame to blister and remove the skin. Next
they are slit open and the seeds and veins are removed. The chili is then
stuffed wit a variety of cheeses and seasonings. The opening can be secured
with a toothpick or not. The are battered and deep fried. a simple recipe just
time consuming.

Dimitri

Wayne Lundberg

"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
> I go to a local Mexican restaurant which has Chile Pablanos. It's a pepper

that had cheese and meat put inside of it and
> then battered up and deep fried. I have found a store that sells these and

I'd like to try cooking them at home. Any
> ideas how to do it?

For mouth-watering and delightful images of the process including detailed
instructions visit Rolly's site http://rollybrook.com/chiles_rellenos.htm

Wayne

Ben Boyle

Thanks for all the responses! Gives me something to fiddle with for the next while!