golda beaudreau

Default What is your favorite condiment?

What is your favorite condiment?

Frank Mancuso

golda beaudreau wrote:
> What is your favorite condiment?

The bowl of jalapenos,onions and carrots that not enough good Mexican
restaurants serve.

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:22:48 +0000, golda beaudreau
> wrote:

> What is your favorite condiment?

Fresh salsa.

jim

SPOONS

My homemade red pepper relish...it goes great on steaks, burgers, chicken
I've even put it some sandwiches...yum.

Take care,
SPOONS

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:22:48 +0000, golda beaudreau
> > wrote:
>
>> What is your favorite condiment?
>>

> Fresh salsa.
>

> jim

Paul Covey

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> You are so right! Even the most humble taco street vendor in Mexico will
> have radishes, jalapenos en escaveche (with onions, carrots, garlic, etc),
> salsa verde and salsa roja plus occasionally grilled green onions.

Just for info, did a google search on the group, and found that someone
had posted Diana Kennedy's recipe for CHILES SERRANOS O JALAPENOS EN
ESCABECHE back in Nov. 2000. I've periodically thought about doing it
since I did have it as a side in a restaurant here and loved it.
Paul
debi

i love the carrots the best-haven't had that served to me in years
how do you make this at home?

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:49:35 GMT, Frank Mancuso
> wrote:

>golda beaudreau wrote:
>> What is your favorite condiment?
>>

>The bowl of jalapenos,onions and carrots that not enough good Mexican
>restaurants serve.

Wayne Lundberg

"debi" > wrote in message
> i love the carrots the best-haven't had that served to me in years
> how do you make this at home?

Debi, the quickest way would be for you to buy some jalapeno rajas, or
jalapeno escabeche at your local supermarket and then pouring the canned
goodies into a larger Mason jar and add a couple of thinly sliced carrots,
put in the frige, and start using them in a week or two.

The other alternative is to keep your eyes open for nice green chiles
jalapenos at your local market, bring them home, slice them in half leaving
the seeds, cut up some garlic, onion and lots of carrots. Put it all in a
pot and cover with water, add vinegar, bring to a boil and promptly shut
off. Add some salt, put it all in a Mason jar, boil the lot, cover securely,
let sit for a week, open and enjoy.

Look for other sources under the key word "escaveche" "Carrots" "Pickled
jalapenos" in google or this newsgroup.

Wayne