Default Sonoran Sopapillas

Thank you so much for this recipe... when we were in Guadalajara last
year~I couldn't find anyone who knew what I was talking about when I
asked for sopapillas... Since moving east~well NEVER heard of such a
thing... their rendition is a heated tortilla of sort, with chocolate
drizzled on it? Now what is up with that?

Paula Archer
http://www.myheartwarmingcreations.com/CountryHeirlooms

David Wright

On 18 Mar 2005 08:25:33 -0800, "
> wrote:

>Thank you so much for this recipe... when we were in Guadalajara last
>year~I couldn't find anyone who knew what I was talking about when I
>asked for sopapillas... Since moving east~well NEVER heard of such a
>thing... their rendition is a heated tortilla of sort, with chocolate
>drizzled on it? Now what is up with that?

Try googling for recipes for "sopaipillas," and don't limit yourself
to dessert. They are best, IMO, when stuffed with meats such as pork
or turkey picadillo.

BTW, A1 used to have first-timers chime in to support his posts. Could
this be happening again? Nahhhhhh.

David

Sopapillas Becca General Cooking 24 08-07-2009 02:19 AM
Sopapillas rosie[_1_] General Cooking 0 01-07-2009 09:33 PM
Sonoran Sopapillas Old Magic1 Mexican Cooking 42 28-03-2005 11:28 PM
Spicy Sonoran Meatloaf Duckie ® Recipes 0 28-06-2004 04:23 PM