Name

Default Burger King Tacos

Did you know that some burger kings now have for a limited time tacos for
sale. anybody tried em?

Ernie

"Name" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Did you know that some burger kings now have for a limited time tacos for
> sale. anybody tried em?

No! And I won't be trying them. Spammer

Jim Davis

They have off and on for a long time. They are pretty bad but better
than going hungry.

Ernie wrote:

>"Name" > wrote in message
link.net...

>>Did you know that some burger kings now have for a limited time tacos for
>>sale. anybody tried em?
>>

>No! And I won't be trying them. Spammer

Julie Bove

"Name" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Did you know that some burger kings now have for a limited time tacos for
> sale. anybody tried em?

They had them for a while when I lived in NY. Not great for tacos, but IMO,
more edible than anything else they sold. When they quit making the tacos,
I could no longer eat there.

--
See my webpage:

SonoranDude

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Name" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Did you know that some burger kings now have for a limited time tacos

for
> > sale. anybody tried em?

> They had them for a while when I lived in NY. Not great for tacos, but

IMO,
> more edible than anything else they sold. When they quit making the

tacos,
> I could no longer eat there.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

I agree the BK tacos were not too bad for fast food but the king of
processed fast-food restaurant grease pockets is the 2 for 99 at Jack in the
Box.

My favorite ultimate greasy taco filled with unknown ingredients is from
Tito's Tacos in Culver City Ca. Unbelievable! Just look for the corner shop
with 3 or 4 lines of people standing in line 5 to 10 people deep between the
hours of 10 AM and 3 PM every day. A definite gold mine.

BTW:
McDonalds test marketed a very authentic carne/pollo asado soft taco here in
Tucson a year or so ago... double wrapped in soft corn tortilla and they
were excellent! Probably too expensive for the average under $5 combo.

krusty kritter

SonoranDude wrote:

> My favorite ultimate greasy taco filled with unknown ingredients is

from Tito's Tacos in Culver City Ca. Unbelievable! Just look for the
corner shop with 3 or 4 lines of people standing in line 5 to 10 people
deep between the hours of 10 AM and 3 PM every day. A definite gold
mine.

The best, and most reasonably priced taqueria in Los Angeles is Lucy's,
on the corner of La Brea and Pico. I first discovered Lucy's about 30
years ago, and ate regularly at their taqueria on Woodman Avenue in Van
Nuys, but that place closed down and the original Lucy's continues to
serve great tamales, enchiladas, tacos, etc., on La Brea...

But the crowds of Latinos hanging around outside Lucy's aren't waiting
for their fast food orders, they are hoping to get a day job with a
contractor passing by...

krusty kritter

SonoranDude wrote:

> My favorite ultimate greasy taco filled with unknown ingredients is

from Tito's Tacos in Culver City Ca. Unbelievable! Just look for the
corner shop with 3 or 4 lines of people standing in line 5 to 10 people
deep between the hours of 10 AM and 3 PM every day. A definite gold
mine.

The best, and most reasonably priced taqueria in Los Angeles is Lucy's,
on the corner of La Brea and Pico. I first discovered Lucy's about 30
years ago, and ate regularly at their taqueria on Woodman Avenue in Van
Nuys, but that place closed down and the original Lucy's continues to
serve great tamales, enchiladas, tacos, etc., on La Brea...

But the crowds of Latinos hanging around outside Lucy's aren't waiting
for their fast food orders, they are hoping to get a day job with a
contractor passing by...

krusty kritter

Julie Bove wrote:
> They had them for a while when I lived in NY. Not great for tacos,

but IMO, more edible than anything else they sold. When they quit
making the tacos, I could no longer eat there.

I once thought that the BK triple cheeseburger for $1.49 was a great
deal and ate two or three of them a week. But all that fat sticks to my
butt and mid section...

I still eat at BK a few times a week. Daily specials from their 99 cent
bargain menu have gone up to $1.29, but are still attractive to senior
citizens who just want a snack, not the full combo of
fashion-of-the-month burgers, fizzy soft drinks, and greasy F****h
fries...

For $1.29, the best item on the BK menu is the Original Chicken
Sandwich. The BK OCS beats out Jack In The Box's Chicken Sandwich and
McDonald's McChicken for texture, seasoning and taste...

The BK OCS is on special everyday at some BK's. And, it moves me, if ya
know what I mean, that's important to an Old Fart...

It has enough lettuce and whatever sauce they use on it to quickly make
its way through my innards, unlike the Triple Cheeseburgers that stuck
around for days...

Number 2 on my Best of BK list is their BK Fish Filet. Almsot nobody
orders it, so they have to go hunting in their freezer to find if they
even have one and it takes 15 minutes to get my order, which is on
special for $1.29 on Fridays...

abc

one of the recent problems with the BK chicken sandwich is the large amount
of gristle in the chicken patty this never used to be the case in fact in
the 1970's that was the best chicken product around, but when the UK company
bought BK in the 90's it has all been down hill; the fries changed, baked
not fried; the apple turnovers were now baked not fried in the french fryer
and the shakes have taken on a low fat ice milk quality I lament this
falling of standards at BK there never used to be so much gristle in the
chicken sandwich.

jazzcat

I was very much hooked on them , then they took them away..I hope they come
back to my area.. they are alot like jack in the box tacos..
"Name" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Did you know that some burger kings now have for a limited time tacos for
> sale. anybody tried em?

Ray Stone

On 2005-01-23 18:57:48 -0500, "jazzcat" > said:

> I was very much hooked on them , then they took them away..I hope they
> come back to my area.. they are alot like jack in the box tacos..
> "Name" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> Did you know that some burger kings now have for a limited time tacos for
>> sale. anybody tried em?

When I first heard of BK offering tacos, I was pretty pumped because I
live in Michigan and cannot get Jack In The Box tacos. However, I was
sorely disappointed; they do't even compare to JIB tacos and that's
exactly who BK was targeting when they started offering their two tacos
for $0.99.

Mourning Becomes Elektra

Have you noticed, however that the 99 cents tacos at jack are smaller and
have less filling?
"Ray Stone" > wrote in message
> On 2005-01-23 18:57:48 -0500, "jazzcat" > said:
>
> > I was very much hooked on them , then they took them away..I hope they
> > come back to my area.. they are alot like jack in the box tacos..
> > "Name" > wrote in message
> > ink.net...
> >> Did you know that some burger kings now have for a limited time tacos

for
> >> sale. anybody tried em?

> When I first heard of BK offering tacos, I was pretty pumped because I
> live in Michigan and cannot get Jack In The Box tacos. However, I was
> sorely disappointed; they do't even compare to JIB tacos and that's
> exactly who BK was targeting when they started offering their two tacos
> for $0.99.

hilarygreenfeatherbray

Kids and I call them taco cookies, because "the stuff inside is all just a
gooey paste, like meaty/cheesy icing".
"Jim Davis" > wrote in message
> They have off and on for a long time. They are pretty bad but better than
> going hungry.
>
> Ernie wrote:
>
>>"Name" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

>>>Did you know that some burger kings now have for a limited time tacos for
>>>sale. anybody tried em?
>>>

>>No! And I won't be trying them. Spammer

Howard G

The best! Just like Jack in the Box.
ink.net...

KING BURGER brooklyn1 General Cooking 14 25-11-2009 01:21 PM
World's most expensive ($200) Burger King burger Corey Richardson General Cooking 7 31-07-2008 12:53 PM
Burger King Fries jt august[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 09-06-2007 04:41 AM
Who's the ass in the Burger King ads? Doug Norris Barbecue 18 13-11-2003 09:41 PM
Rachael Ray for Burger King Joanie General Cooking 21 20-10-2003 04:59 AM