Pete

Default jicama

Does anyone have any good recipes that I can use jicama in? Thanks in
advance

David Wright

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:09:13 -0500, "Pete" >
wrote:

>Does anyone have any good recipes that I can use jicama in? Thanks in
>advance

Here's one of my favorites that involves jicama, citrus, cucumbers and
other good stuff. Add some green chiles and you have something really
good.

David

http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/recip...ogalloeng.html

Julie Bove

"Pete" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any good recipes that I can use jicama in? Thanks in
> advance

JICAMA SLAW

Active time: 30 min Start to finish: 30 min

1 medium red onion, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Splenda
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/2 lb jicama, peeled and cut into julienne strips (9 to 10 cups)
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro

Soak onion in 1 cup cold water with 1/2 teaspoon salt 15 minutes (to
make onion flavor milder). Drain in a sieve, then rinse under cold water
and pat dry.

Whisk together lime juice, oil, Splenda, pepper, and remaining 3/4
teaspoon salt in a large bowl until combined well. Add onion, jicama,
cilantro, and salt to taste and toss well.

Cooks' note:
.. Jicama can be cut into julienne strips 6 hours ahead and chilled,
covered.

Makes 8 servings.

Note: This recipe was originally written for people with diabetes or low
carb diets. That's why it uses Splenda. If you have no such dietary
restrictions, you can use sugar instead. It's really good with spicy foods.

--
See my webpage:

Jeff Russell

"Pete" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any good recipes that I can use jicama in? Thanks in
> advance

1.Slice Jicama into bite size strips.
2. Sprinkle with lime jice.
3. mix salt, chile powder and any other spice you like.
4.dip lightly and eat.

Jeff

Prosciutto with.... jícama? Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 3 09-05-2010 11:55 PM
How to use the jicama Dan S. General Cooking 18 15-02-2009 05:47 PM
Jicama Read Recipes (moderated) 0 20-12-2004 10:41 PM
Jicama Read Recipes (moderated) 0 02-07-2004 02:21 AM
Jicama Rubystars Vegan 0 07-11-2003 07:28 PM