Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Negra Modelo

I found this beer at a Mexican restaurant. I want to thank the person
who recommended it in this group. It was very smooth for a dark beer.
I may not have spelled it correctly.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
¿ ¿ is offline

On Jun 9, 6:11*pm, (Rhonda) wrote:
> I found this beer at a Mexican restaurant. *

Negra Modelo is a 5.4% abv Vienna lager first brewed in Mexico by
Austrian immigrants. It was first sold on draft in 1926, but was first
produced in 1925. Negra Modelo comes in an unusually shaped, wide
brown bottle with a trademark Gold Label. In 2002, Negra Modelo was
awarded "Hot Brand" by Impact magazine in the imports category

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_lager
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda[_1_] View Post
I found this beer at a Mexican restaurant. I want to thank the person
who recommended it in this group. It was very smooth for a dark beer.
I may not have spelled it correctly.

Great beer...my buddy (yes, mexican buddy lol)...got me into it
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:20:07 +0100, Clayton Bigsby
> wrote:

>'Rhonda[_1_ Wrote:
>> ;1329866']I found this beer at a Mexican restaurant. I want to thank
>> the person
>> who recommended it in this group. It was very smooth for a dark beer.
>> I may not have spelled it correctly.

>Great beer...my buddy (yes, mexican buddy lol)...got me into it

I'm not a beer drinker, but I like Negra Modelo and order it when I'm
in restaurants that don't have a full liquor license.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.