tippy1

Default Recipes Wanted

After spending 4 years in Texas and 3 in Arizona, I developed a craving
for Mexican "style" food. I'm really craving some things for breakfast
but I have a problem. I have a heart condition and I'm diabetic. But I
would like some recipes if anyone has some that fits the bill. Keep in
my though I'm now in New Jersey and
ingredients are mighty hard to find. Thanks to all who can help me out.
--

Squire
Linda

Try this url:
http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/americas/mexican/

Linda

"tippy1" > wrote in message
> After spending 4 years in Texas and 3 in Arizona, I developed a craving
> for Mexican "style" food. I'm really craving some things for breakfast
> but I have a problem. I have a heart condition and I'm diabetic. But I
> would like some recipes if anyone has some that fits the bill. Keep in
> my though I'm now in New Jersey and
> ingredients are mighty hard to find. Thanks to all who can help me out.
> --
>
> Squire

tippy1

Linda wrote:

> Try this url:
> http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/americas/mexican/
>
> Linda

Wow, that's a nice bunch of recipes. I'm going to enjoy myself
checking them out. Thank you very much.

--

Squire
Wayne Lundberg

"tippy1" > wrote in message
> After spending 4 years in Texas and 3 in Arizona, I developed a

---snip---
You should be able to find bottled nopalitos in your grocery store; they are
being sold by the shipload to Japanese who suffer from diabetes. There a
several companies extracting the right ingredients; but I don't know any
more than that. Nopalitos are great in salads, in scrambled eggs, in
quesadillas and almost anywhere a green veggie is called for.

Wayne

A1 WBarfieldsr

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> "tippy1" > wrote in message
> > After spending 4 years in Texas and 3 in Arizona, I developed a

> ---snip---
> You should be able to find bottled nopalitos in your grocery store; they

are
> being sold by the shipload to Japanese who suffer from diabetes. There a
> several companies extracting the right ingredients; but I don't know any
> more than that. Nopalitos are great in salads, in scrambled eggs, in
> quesadillas and almost anywhere a green veggie is called for.
>
> Wayne

I don't know if they have Fiesta Grocery stores in NJ, but here in Waco,
TX., they sell Nopalitos in the fresh vegetable dept., thorns and all lol.
While we are on the subject of stores, I seen what looked like long flat
bean pods, approx. 1 1/2 ft.long x 1 in. wide, they reminded me of mesquite
beans only larger. What are they and how are they used? I didn't find any
signs and I was in a hurry to get some peppers for a salsa, so I didnt ask
at the store.
> --

William Barfieldsr

tippy1

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> "tippy1" > wrote in message
> > After spending 4 years in Texas and 3 in Arizona, I developed a

> ---snip---
> You should be able to find bottled nopalitos in your grocery store; they are
> being sold by the shipload to Japanese who suffer from diabetes. There a
> several companies extracting the right ingredients; but I don't know any
> more than that. Nopalitos are great in salads, in scrambled eggs, in
> quesadillas and almost anywhere a green veggie is called for.
>
> Wayne

Many thanks Wayne,

I'm going shopping in another week and I'll certainly look for them.
--

Squire
Wayne Lundberg

"A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message
.. .

--snip--
> bean pods, approx. 1 1/2 ft.long x 1 in. wide, they reminded me of

mesquite
> beans only larger. What are they and how are they used? I didn't find any
> signs and I was in a hurry to get some peppers for a salsa, so I didnt ask
> at the store.
> > --

> William Barfieldsr

---snip---

I've seen them here and there, but never in the kitchen. Anybody????

Wayne

Shelora

The beans you describe sound like guajes. The are used dried and fresh
- I toasted some with salt as a snack. Only problem with toasted
guajes are they are rather flatulent inducing.
Be forewarned.

tippy1 > wrote in message >...
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> >
> > "tippy1" > wrote in message
> > > After spending 4 years in Texas and 3 in Arizona, I developed a

> > ---snip---
> > You should be able to find bottled nopalitos in your grocery store; they are
> > being sold by the shipload to Japanese who suffer from diabetes. There a
> > several companies extracting the right ingredients; but I don't know any
> > more than that. Nopalitos are great in salads, in scrambled eggs, in
> > quesadillas and almost anywhere a green veggie is called for.
> >
> > Wayne

> Many thanks Wayne,
>
> I'm going shopping in another week and I'll certainly look for them.

Frogleg

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:49:23 -0400, tippy1 > wrote:

>After spending 4 years in Texas and 3 in Arizona, I developed a craving
>for Mexican "style" food. I'm really craving some things for breakfast
>but I have a problem. I have a heart condition and I'm diabetic. But I
>would like some recipes if anyone has some that fits the bill. Keep in
>my though I'm now in New Jersey and
>ingredients are mighty hard to find.

I see someone's already directed you to recipesource.com. Recipes
*are* your best bet, if you need to avoid salt and fat. Beans don't
need to be "refried," ingredients for fresh salsa (tomato, peppers,
onion, garlic, and even cilantro) are readily available. Voila --
huevos rancheros! If eggs are OK for you. :-) What exactly is it
that you're missing?

A1 WBarfieldsr

"Shelora" > wrote in message
om...
> The beans you describe sound like guajes. The are used dried and fresh
> - I toasted some with salt as a snack. Only problem with toasted
> guajes are they are rather flatulent inducing.
> Be forewarned.
>
> I had to look that word up, it was a nineth grade word, lol.

> FLATULENT

Pronunciation: 'flachulunt

WordNet Dictionary

Definition:
[adj] suffering from excessive gas in the alimentary canal
[adj] generating excessive gas in the alimentary canal

Synonyms: colicky, gassy, indigestible, unhealthy

Webster's 1913 Dictionary

Definition:
\Flat"u*lent\, a. [L. flatus a blowing, flatus ventris windiness,
flatulence, fr. flare to blow: cf. F. flatulent.
See {Blow}.]
1. Affected with flatus or gases generated in the alimentary
canal; windy.

2. Generating, or tending to generate, wind in the stomach.

I bet it smells bad too, LMAO

> --

William Barfieldsr

America's Most Wanted Recipes [email protected] General Cooking 2 13-03-2008 05:46 PM
Recipes Wanted [email protected] General Cooking 4 13-07-2006 06:39 PM
Vegetable Recipes Wanted Piedmont General Cooking 7 09-02-2006 06:59 PM
Recipes Wanted Halcitron Vegan 2 07-01-2004 04:06 PM
Recipes Wanted! [email protected] General Cooking 8 06-11-2003 09:28 PM