Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Vegetable Recipes Wanted

I'm through with the typical American cookbook with vegetable recipes
that contain, potatoes, corn, carrots, peas, celery!

Used in side dishes, main dishes, casseroles and such.

Can someone suggest cookbooks and/or websites that I could peruse?
--
Regards,

Piedmont

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Piedmont wrote:
> I'm through with the typical American cookbook with vegetable recipes
> that contain, potatoes, corn, carrots, peas, celery!
>
> Used in side dishes, main dishes, casseroles and such.
>
> Can someone suggest cookbooks and/or websites that I could peruse?
>
> Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

The clue is in your sig. Where did the Mahatma come from?

Try a good Indian cookbook. I don't have it here but I have something
like the Australian Woman's Indian Cookbook, a lovely not very long but
glossy book. Nothing wildly complicated but it offers all sorts of
excellant veggie recipes (even if I do have to tranlate into Canadian
occasionally).
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 02:38:03 -0600, Piedmont >
wrote:

>I'm through with the typical American cookbook with vegetable recipes
>that contain, potatoes, corn, carrots, peas, celery!
>
>Used in side dishes, main dishes, casseroles and such.
>
>Can someone suggest cookbooks and/or websites that I could peruse?

Get Deborah Madison's cookbooks.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Piedmont wrote:
> I'm through with the typical American cookbook with vegetable recipes
> that contain, potatoes, corn, carrots, peas, celery!
>
> Used in side dishes, main dishes, casseroles and such.
>
> Can someone suggest cookbooks and/or websites that I could peruse?

_The Moosewood Cookbook_ by Mollie Katzen.
Look for other cookbooks with "Moosewood" in the title.
Look for other cookbooks by Mollie Katzen.
_The Vegetarian Epicure_ by Anna Thomas.
There's a second Vegetarian Epicure book too.
_Laurel's Kitchen_.
_World of the East Vegetarian Cooking_ by Madhur Jaffrey.

These are vegetarian cookbooks, and you don't say if you're a
vegetarian, but you'll quickly get the hang of putting together meals
with the recipes as either main dishes or side dishes. One mo

_The Victory Garden Cookbook_ by Marian Morash. This one's not a
vegetarian cookbook, but the information at the beginning of each
chapter is fantastic for learning how to prepare the vegetables that you
find at the supermarket.

Whoops, one more again:

_Uncommon Fruits & Vegetables A Commonsense Guide_ by Elizabeth
Schneider. There are recipes in this one, but I don't think of it as
cookbook. It is more of an information book on some of the weirder
vegetables out there.

I hope this helps.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julia Altshuler wrote:
snip
> These are vegetarian cookbooks, and you don't say if you're a
> vegetarian, but you'll quickly get the hang of putting together meals
> with the recipes as either main dishes or side dishes. One mo

snip
> --Lia

Not Vegetarian, just fed up with cook books where vegetable equals starch.

--
Regards,

Piedmont

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

do you know any good web sites that i can go to?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

billybb51 wrote:
> do you know any good web sites that i can go to?

Not tried the recipes but have a look at
http://www.syvum.com/recipes/ivrindex.html
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hey, where's our buddy rupenrao? his website has fabulous veggie ideas!
i'm pretty sure it's www.rupenrao.com.

Recipes Wanted [email protected] General Cooking 4 13-07-2006 06:39 PM
Wanted - Garden Vegetable Cheese Spread Carol \Damsel\ Peterson General Cooking 47 22-10-2005 12:48 AM
Recipes Wanted Halcitron Vegan 2 07-01-2004 04:06 PM
Recipes Wanted! [email protected] General Cooking 8 06-11-2003 09:28 PM
Recipes Wanted tippy1 Mexican Cooking 9 16-10-2003 08:20 PM