Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Huevos Motuleños

Back to Food recipes, Saw this one on Bayless show and tried it, nice but I
prefer Huevos Divorciados. This one from our online friends at :
http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/chngmexico/4.4

Huevos Motuleños (Eggs Motul Style)
Ingredients
6 eggs
6 tortillas
1 large cup refried beans
1 cup peas
3 tomatoes
1 clove garlic
3 small green pickled chilies (used serranos instead)
1 bay leaf
1/2 onion (preferably red)
1 avocado
4 ounces soft white cheese ( ( used Oaxacan)
4 ounces chorizo ( fresh Mexican style)
Instructions
Shell the peas and cook. Make a sauce by blending the tomatoes and garlic
with one cup of water. Fry the chorizo and pour on the sauce with the bay
leaf and the cooked peas. Heat the refried beans.
Fry the tortillas, making sure they do not become crisp. Put them in a
container covered with a plate as they cook, to keep them warm. Slice the
avocado and the cheese. Cut the onion into rounds.
Fry the eggs in plenty of hot oil. Place a tortilla on each plate and cover
with refried beans. Put an egg on top of the beans and pour the sauce over
all. Garnish with onion, slices of avocado and cheese.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Gunner" > wrote in message
> Back to Food recipes, Saw this one on Bayless show and tried it, nice but
> I prefer Huevos Divorciados. This one from our online friends at :
> http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/chngmexico/4.4
>
> Huevos Motuleños (Eggs Motul Style)
> Ingredients
> 6 eggs
> 6 tortillas
> 1 large cup refried beans
> 1 cup peas
> 3 tomatoes
> 1 clove garlic
> 3 small green pickled chilies (used serranos instead)
> 1 bay leaf
> 1/2 onion (preferably red)
> 1 avocado
> 4 ounces soft white cheese ( ( used Oaxacan)
> 4 ounces chorizo ( fresh Mexican style)
> Instructions
> Shell the peas and cook. Make a sauce by blending the tomatoes and garlic
> with one cup of water. Fry the chorizo and pour on the sauce with the bay
> leaf and the cooked peas. Heat the refried beans.
> Fry the tortillas, making sure they do not become crisp. Put them in a
> container covered with a plate as they cook, to keep them warm. Slice the
> avocado and the cheese. Cut the onion into rounds.
> Fry the eggs in plenty of hot oil. Place a tortilla on each plate and
> cover with refried beans. Put an egg on top of the beans and pour the
> sauce over all. Garnish with onion, slices of avocado and cheese.

Definitivamente lo mejor de lo mejor!