Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Armadillo

Help! Any of you Texans out there with clean road-kill of armadillo... what
are the chances of dressing and freezing one or two and shipping out to
California?

I am salivating the idea of an armadillo taco and ready to trade a left nut
for a critter.

Anybody?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> Help! Any of you Texans out there with clean road-kill of armadillo... what
> are the chances of dressing and freezing one or two and shipping out to
> California?
>
> I am salivating the idea of an armadillo taco and ready to trade a left nut
> for a critter.
>
> Anybody?

Arcadia Roof Rats are tastier. Post an ad in the PHX Craigslist.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > Help! Any of you Texans out there with clean road-kill of armadillo...

what
> > are the chances of dressing and freezing one or two and shipping out to
> > California?
> >
> > I am salivating the idea of an armadillo taco and ready to trade a left

nut
> > for a critter.
> >
> > Anybody?
> >

> Arcadia Roof Rats are tastier. Post an ad in the PHX Craigslist.

They don't have the shell in which to cook the meat. I put my armadillos
upside down over an open hearth and let the green salsa bubble the meat into
perfection at which time a tortilla is a must to pinch off the delectable
meat of the beast. Thanks, but no thanks to the rat.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

> It would be illegal to ship them to you in California. All wild
> animals for human consumption must be farm-raised according to CA
> law.

I guess that makes sense. There is a lot of Asian chicken farming going
on in apartments all over SoCal. I've never seen them raise bears.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:43:03 GMT, Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>
> > Help! Any of you Texans out there with clean road-kill of armadillo...

what
> > are the chances of dressing and freezing one or two and shipping out to
> > California?

> It would be illegal to ship them to you in California. All wild
> animals for human consumption must be farm-raised according to CA
> law.
>
> While we are known for aiming our Ford pickups at anything that
> moves in the hopes of a fresh kill for dinner, we can't ship
> them.
>
> Besides, there's no such thing as a "clean" armadillo.
>
> -sw

Do you know of any commercial growers? We used to grow pheasants in Colorado
for sale to prime restaurants. If you know of any armadillo farms, let me
know. I can give them an address in Tijuana and I'll have my TJ friend cook
it and put on a fiesta for us to enjoy the tacos in Mexico.

Wayne