Posted to rec.food.historic

Default History of pavlova

Just had ask the question where did Pavlova come from herd a rumor
it's from Kalgoorlie and NO kiwi it is you guys who first invented it
the only good idea you had about it is golden goats balls (kiwi fruit)

Posted to rec.food.historic

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just had ask the question where did Pavlova come from herd a rumor
> it's from Kalgoorlie and NO kiwi it is you guys who first invented it
> the only good idea you had about it is golden goats balls (kiwi fruit)

Sorry to disillusion you my friend...It is a Australian desert...:-)

Bigbazza

Posted to rec.food.historic

" Bigbazza" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Just had ask the question where did Pavlova come from herd a rumor
>> it's from Kalgoorlie and NO kiwi it is you guys who first invented it
>> the only good idea you had about it is golden goats balls (kiwi fruit)
>>

> Sorry to disillusion you my friend...It is a Australian desert...:-)
>
> Bigbazza

.....But you wouldn't want to put about that baked individual meringues are
of Austrian (afu reader) origin (nor is serving cut fruit in/atop them of
entirely Antipodean nascence).

TMO

Posted to rec.food.historic

"TMOliver" > wrote in message

> " Bigbazza" > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> Just had ask the question where did Pavlova come from herd a rumor
>>> it's from Kalgoorlie and NO kiwi it is you guys who first invented it
>>> the only good idea you had about it is golden goats balls (kiwi fruit)
>>>

>> Sorry to disillusion you my friend...It is a Australian desert...:-)
>>
>> Bigbazza

> ....But you wouldn't want to put about that baked individual meringues are
> of Austrian (afu reader) origin (nor is serving cut fruit in/atop them of
> entirely Antipodean nascence).
>
> TMO

Here's a little history of the 'Pavlova'....

http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/FOOD_I...a_history.html

Bigbazza Oz

Posted to rec.food.historic

" Bigbazza" > wrote in message

>>> oups.com...
>>>>

>>> Sorry to disillusion you my friend...It is a Australian desert...:-)
>>>
>>> Bigbazza

>> ....But you wouldn't want to put about that baked individual meringues
>> are of Austrian (afu reader) origin (nor is serving cut fruit in/atop
>> them of entirely Antipodean nascence).
>>
>> TMO
>>

> Here's a little history of the 'Pavlova'....
>
> http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/FOOD_I...a_history.html
>
> Bigbazza Oz

There are several others of similar vein available on a routine Google, all
pretty much the same, but hardly the first baked meringue....(but maybe the
first "Continental" chef in the wild and wooly Austrian back country). If
you believe that a "Pavlova" is history, you need to spend a little more
time with your head in a dessert book...

Now "Melba" or whatever dessert Judge Roy Bean would have set out for Lily
Langtry, that's history.....