Old 31-10-2005, 12:55 AM posted to rec.food.drink
Charles

Default whiskey sauce for bread pudding

I recently received a recipe for bread pudding with whiskey sauce.

Since I had Jack Daniels in my cabinet, I used it. I ended up with
Jack Daniels sauce.

On the next opportunity, I tried Crown Royal. Yep! The sauce
tasted like Crown Royal.

Does anybody know the correct whiskey for bread pudding sauce?
Tnx,
Charles

Old 02-11-2005, 07:42 PM posted to rec.food.drink

: I recently received a recipe for bread pudding with whiskey sauce.

: Since I had Jack Daniels in my cabinet, I used it. I ended up with
: Jack Daniels sauce.

: On the next opportunity, I tried Crown Royal. Yep! The sauce
: tasted like Crown Royal.

: Does anybody know the correct whiskey for bread pudding sauce?
: Tnx,
: Charles

The correct sauce for Bread Pudding is Chantilly, not Whiskey:

Chantilly Cream
Makes about 2 cups

1 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract