FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   whiskey sauce for bread pudding (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/73166-whiskey-sauce-bread-pudding.html)

Charles 30-10-2005 11:55 PM

whiskey sauce for bread pudding

I recently received a recipe for bread pudding with whiskey sauce.

Since I had Jack Daniels in my cabinet, I used it. I ended up with
Jack Daniels sauce.

On the next opportunity, I tried Crown Royal. Yep! The sauce
tasted like Crown Royal.

Does anybody know the correct whiskey for bread pudding sauce?
Tnx,
Charles

[email protected] 02-11-2005 06:42 PM

whiskey sauce for bread pudding

: I recently received a recipe for bread pudding with whiskey sauce.

: Since I had Jack Daniels in my cabinet, I used it. I ended up with
: Jack Daniels sauce.

: On the next opportunity, I tried Crown Royal. Yep! The sauce
: tasted like Crown Royal.

: Does anybody know the correct whiskey for bread pudding sauce?
: Tnx,
: Charles

The correct sauce for Bread Pudding is Chantilly, not Whiskey:

Chantilly Cream
Makes about 2 cups

1 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract