Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ain't Your Mama's Pancakes...

A fond childhood memory was having my older brother (just returned from
'Nam) preparing breakfast... he didn't make the dainty silver-dollar
pancakes that Mom made... but basically filled an entire cast iron skillet
with batter and made pancakes so big they draped over the edges of the
plate.

I thought I would try that to recapture that fun time of youth... but
apparently pancake mix is no longer on the supermarket shelves... everything
is in the pre-prepared frozen food section.

I can find some recipes online (or on the back of a bisquick box) but just
wondering if anyone has any quaint or unusual recipes I might try in my
experimental mood... and my desire to try out my new 21" Calphalon pan...

Cheers!

--
Your parents take care of you until you're 21.
The government takes care of you after you're 65.

Slap Ya Mama sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 05-02-2013 03:50 AM
Bigotry? Mama Mia!! The Apostle Bretts Wine 1 09-07-2006 11:52 PM
Original Pancakes House 49ers Pancakes Doug Weller Recipes 3 09-09-2004 02:38 PM
Original Pancakes House 49ers Pancakes Doug Weller General Cooking 3 09-09-2004 02:38 PM
Mama's Meatballs Thomas Shunick Recipes (moderated) 0 12-10-2003 01:07 PM