Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Fall apart" pork: served with?

cybercat wrote:
> For this weekend, the chief virtue I am looking for is abundance and
> delivery, which I think Dominos can handle. We are talking four large
> teenage boys, two men, and two women in a not too big house alllllll
> weekend.

Have a fun weekend! Any food shared with family is good food.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> Hey, wait a minute, you said that to me once! >:

right ONE TIME

ONE TIME

shit, pass me the lithium
I feel a crazy comin on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> For this weekend, the chief virtue I am looking for is abundance

give them what we had growing up

corn for breakfast
water for lunch
then let them swell for dinner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

: > *North Carolina barbecue sauce is just vinegar with peppers.

Then by that definition Tabasco sauce can be called North Carolina
barbecue sauce....

The two are nothing alike.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>>
>> Yum, Lyn! The funny thing is, I have had burritos on the brain lately,
>> so this sounds good. Question: have you ever made up burritos and
>> frozen them individually for snacks? I have a houseful of teenagers
>> coming for the weekend, and I was trying to think of something besides
>> pizza and pop tarts to have for them to grab and pop in the microwave
>> when they get hungry. These are big boys, and still growing, so I want to
>> have hearty stuff around. (And I don't want to cook while they're undefoot.)

> What I do is I bake them in the pan , then cool, and individually wrap
> them in oiled foil and then freeze. To reheat, pop them in the oven
> (thawed or not). If you were doing this specifically as individual
> burritos, they could probably be frozen pre-baking since everything is
> cooked, anyway, but I'd leave the cehese off the top. I think this
> would work well for the purpose you need them for! You could nuke
> them, too, but I'd be inclined to thaw them in the fridge before
> nuking.
>
> -L.

How long do you put them in the oven for? At 350*f ?

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote on 13 Aug 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> >"cybercat" > :
> >
> >> Pork chops on the bone were $2 a pound this week. I love this meat
> >> when it just falls apart, so I brown and braise it, usually with
> >> rosemary and fresh ground pepper.
> >>
> >> Those of you who cook pork this way, how do you serve it? What with?
> >>
> >> Usually I do Szechuan noodles with mushrooms and shredded cabbage,

or
> >> rice and gravy and broc.
> >>
> >> Just looking for new ideas.

> Those sound great! I'll have to try them!
>
> (Yeah, I know, if you've been doing it that way all the time you
> might want new ideas!)
>
> Alan

Usually with a side salad, silde of Slaw, *fried rice or a green bean and
sliced almond kinda thing...I only cook pulled pork for me as I live
alone and getting too fancy ain't in the cards.

* when I sin/cheat and have left over chicken fried rice (I'm low
carbing) from a bought Chinese Take Away meal.

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan