Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hamburger, hamburger and more hamburger

Thanks to everyone for there replies, Looks like I need to clear up a few points

Bulk Ground beef around here is just called hamburger or ground round

I missed a comma on Ok, PIG the store is called Piggly Wiggly(just as funny)

the 35lbs is packaged in 1lb portions, 4 to a freezer bag and fits fine in the freezer.
Yes I have more stuff. Some venison left, few roasts, about 15lb of petite sirloin stakes.
Chicken breasts and so on.
The deal is if there is a good sale buy as much as we can, eq. 75% ground beef @ $0.96 lb

To the point. what I was looking for was new ideas that may not be all that common or a twist on
a exsisting recipe
Like for me I do pizza muffins
Brown up hamburger with garlic,tyme,basil,salt black pepper oregano and more garlic,
Drain off the fat and add mix in your favorite pizza sauce and parmesan cheese.
Spoon out mixture onto lightly toasted english muffins but dont pile it too high.
cover with slices of mozzarella and toss in a 350deg oven till slightly browned.
If I have any italian sausage laying around I chop it up fine and add it to the
hamburger&sauce mixture for a nice twist.

Or here is a quicky the kids love
Start a box of spanish rice. When it calls to add the water toss in 1lb of browned
hamburger and finish per box directions reseasoning per taste

Looks like this is going to be a interesting thread

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> writes:
> Bulk Ground beef around here is just called hamburger or ground round

Sure. What else is your "Hamburger Helper" going to help?

This isn't uncommon. And amongst the older generation here in New
England the sandwich is a "hamburg", and the stuff used to make it is
"hamburger".

Myself, I can barely remember the last time I bought ground beef. I
usually grind it myself if I need it, or sometimes use ground turkey.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich