Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken stored with cheeze, possible contamination?

Ok, has anyone heard of this? I had planed to pre mix fully cooked chicken
chunks with shredded cheese, store it in the fridge and use as need (for
quesadillas). Anyhow, a friend of mine tells me that the max you can do
this is for 6 hours or some harmfull bacteria will develop (and it could
give everyone the runs). Somehow I jsut can't see it, I've had this mix in
teh fridge for up to 3 days and used it without making my self sick in any
way! Anyone heard the slightest thing about this???

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dirty Harry" > wrote in message
> Ok, has anyone heard of this? I had planed to pre mix fully cooked
> chicken
> chunks with shredded cheese, store it in the fridge and use as need
> (for
> quesadillas). Anyhow, a friend of mine tells me that the max you can
> do
> this is for 6 hours or some harmfull bacteria will develop (and it
> could
> give everyone the runs). Somehow I jsut can't see it, I've had this
> mix in
> teh fridge for up to 3 days and used it without making my self sick in
> any
> way! Anyone heard the slightest thing about this???

Well, it might get infected with treifons, rendering it inedible for
Jews.

(Note of explanation: "Treif" is how we say non-kosher, which is the
case with any mixture of dairy and poultry, or dairy and meat.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dirty Harry wrote:
> Ok, has anyone heard of this? I had planed to pre mix fully cooked chicken
> chunks with shredded cheese, store it in the fridge and use as need (for
> quesadillas). Anyhow, a friend of mine tells me that the max you can do
> this is for 6 hours or some harmfull bacteria will develop (and it could
> give everyone the runs). Somehow I jsut can't see it, I've had this mix in
> teh fridge for up to 3 days and used it without making my self sick in any
> way! Anyone heard the slightest thing about this???

Your friend is nutz. ;-)
Nothing personal, of course.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mordechai Housman" > wrote in message
> Well, it might get infected with treifons, rendering it inedible for Jews.
>

> (Note of explanation: "Treif" is how we say non-kosher, which is the case
> with any mixture of dairy and poultry, or dairy and meat.)

So I presume the "treifon" is the fundamental unit
of non-kosherness? The particle which carries the
negative kosher force?

Sorta like how the tackyon is the fundamental unit of
Wal-Mart-ness....:-)

Bob M.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> Dirty Harry wrote:

> > Ok, has anyone heard of this? I had planed to pre mix fully cooked chicken
> > chunks with shredded cheese, store it in the fridge and use as need (for
> > quesadillas). Anyhow, a friend of mine tells me that the max you can do
> > this is for 6 hours or some harmfull bacteria will develop (and it could
> > give everyone the runs).

> Your friend is nutz. ;-)
> Nothing personal, of course.

A ditto to this. Does your friend want leftover Chicken Parmesan
declared a lethal weapon?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bailey Legull" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Nancy2 wrote:
>
> > Dirty Harry wrote:

> > > Ok, has anyone heard of this? I had planed to pre mix fully cooked

chicken
> > > chunks with shredded cheese, store it in the fridge and use as need

(for
> > > quesadillas). Anyhow, a friend of mine tells me that the max you can

do
> > > this is for 6 hours or some harmfull bacteria will develop (and it

could
> > > give everyone the runs).

> > Your friend is nutz. ;-)
> > Nothing personal, of course.

> A ditto to this. Does your friend want leftover Chicken Parmesan
> declared a lethal weapon?

Exactly!!!! (I'm going to bring that up today!) she is a micro-biology
student so while I don't doubt that they somehow managed to combine chicken
and cheese in a lab and grow something on it, in a real world situation I
say no way in hell.