Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Bisquick Lite

Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:
> Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
> Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
> formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
> results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem

My biggest complaint with Bisquick wasn't the fat content, it was the
salt content. I found everything I ever made with it was too salty.
Goomba
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> aem wrote:
>> Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
>> Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
>> formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
>> results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem
>>

> My biggest complaint with Bisquick wasn't the fat content, it was the
> salt content. I found everything I ever made with it was too salty.
> Goomba

Never heard of this stuff before it was brought up here. Had to google.
It's not a brand that I have seen here. However, IMHO, anything "Lite"
doesn't usually taste as good as the "original". Just my two cents.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:
> Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
> Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
> formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
> results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem

I've been buying it for a few years now, and don't notice any
difference at all. I'd be hard-pressed to say this or that biscuit
came from Bisquick Lite or regular Bisquick.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 06 Jul 2006 05:27:03a, Goomba38 meant to say...

> aem wrote:
>> Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
>> Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
>> formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
>> results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem
>>

> My biggest complaint with Bisquick wasn't the fat content, it was the
> salt content. I found everything I ever made with it was too salty.
> Goomba

I've only tried the lite version once. I found the biscuits dryer and more
crumbly.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5 Jul 2006 16:44:44 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

>Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
>Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
>formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
>results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem

We have a box in the cupboard. I'll thaw out some breakfast sausage
for tomorrow's dinner, and make biscuits and gravy for the Crashman.
I'll let you know what I think of the biscuits.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On 5 Jul 2006 16:44:44 -0700, "aem" > wrote:
>
> >Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
> >Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
> >formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
> >results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem

> We have a box in the cupboard. I'll thaw out some breakfast sausage
> for tomorrow's dinner, and make biscuits and gravy for the Crashman.
> I'll let you know what I think of the biscuits.
>
> Carol

Covered in gravy, nobody will ever know. I can't tell, even with just
butter on them.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Nancy2 wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> > We have a box in the cupboard. I'll thaw out some breakfast sausage
> > for tomorrow's dinner, and make biscuits and gravy for the Crashman.
> > I'll let you know what I think of the biscuits.

> Covered in gravy, nobody will ever know. I can't tell, even with just
> butter on them.

I'm hopeful. I'd like to hear her results, too. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7 Jul 2006 08:37:06 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

>Nancy2 wrote:
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> > We have a box in the cupboard. I'll thaw out some breakfast sausage
>> > for tomorrow's dinner, and make biscuits and gravy for the Crashman.
>> > I'll let you know what I think of the biscuits.

>> Covered in gravy, nobody will ever know. I can't tell, even with just
>> butter on them.
>>

>I'm hopeful. I'd like to hear her results, too. -aem

It's gonna be tomorrow night now. We have those chicken tenders to
grill tonight. I'll definitely let everyone know how they turn out.
Mine will mostly be just buttered. Crash is the sausage gravy guy in
the family.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yes that is what I use and I can't tell the difference.

"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
> Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
> formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
> results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5 Jul 2006 16:44:44 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

>Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
>Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
>formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
>results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem

I finally got around to making biscuits and gravy, and I'm here to
report that the biscuits made with Bisquick Lite were just as good as
those we've made with the original mix. Neither of us felt that there
were any problems at all.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> I finally got around to making biscuits and gravy, and I'm here to
> report that the biscuits made with Bisquick Lite were just as good as
> those we've made with the original mix. Neither of us felt that there
> were any problems at all.

Thanks for the report. I went to the store yesterday and there was no
regular Bisquick and no Bisquick Lite on the shelves. There was
something called "Heart Smart Bisquick" which proclaimed zero trans fat
and low fat in big type on the box. Maybe this is a new name they've
settled on. Without an old-style Bisquick box to compare to I can't be
sure, but it looks to me as if they've just substituted canola oil for
shortening. At any rate I bought it and have some sausage thawing. I
am ususally very reluctant to try modified versions of old favorite
products, so I appreciate the reassurances. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10 Jul 2006 08:44:57 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

> I went to the store yesterday and there was no
>regular Bisquick and no Bisquick Lite on the shelves. There was
>something called "Heart Smart Bisquick" which proclaimed zero trans fat
>and low fat in big type on the box. Maybe this is a new name they've
>settled on. Without an old-style Bisquick box to compare to I can't be
>sure, but it looks to me as if they've just substituted canola oil for
>shortening. At any rate I bought it and have some sausage thawing. I
>am ususally very reluctant to try modified versions of old favorite
>products, so I appreciate the reassurances. -aem

You'll let us know how it goes, right?

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM MoM is offline

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> On 5 Jul 2006 16:44:44 -0700, "aem" > wrote:
>
>>Comments in another thread reminded me how handy it used to be to have
>>Bisquick in the cupboard. I've read that Bisquick Lite is a new
>>formulation that has no trans fats. Has anyone tried it? How do the
>>results -- biscuits, pancakes -- compare to the original? -aem

> I finally got around to making biscuits and gravy, and I'm here to
> report that the biscuits made with Bisquick Lite were just as good as
> those we've made with the original mix. Neither of us felt that there
> were any problems at all.
>
> Carol

I usually make my own baking mix. I wonder if there is a recipe for the
light type?

MoM