Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Kenmore stove model 77483

Does anyone know who the manufacturer is? Our old stove needs repairs,
and it looks like the probable cost of fixing it will be at least half
the cost of a new Kenmore 77483.
It _looks_ like a fairly decent middle-of-the-road unit - five burners
including a central griddle, cast trivets with full surface coverage,
sealed burners, warming drawer, convection and self-cleaning.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

x-n-archive: yes

S Viemeister wrote:
> Does anyone know who the manufacturer is? Our old stove needs repairs,
> and it looks like the probable cost of fixing it will be at least half
> the cost of a new Kenmore 77483.
> It _looks_ like a fairly decent middle-of-the-road unit - five burners
> including a central griddle, cast trivets with full surface coverage,
> sealed burners, warming drawer, convection and self-cleaning.

That looks like my stove, it was here and almost new, I think, when I
bought my house 5 years ago. I don't love it; the burners heat unevenly,
aren't strong enough for very large saute pans and the oven doesn't stay
calibrated. The controls for the burners stink, they're not sensitive
enough, they don't adjust at all from, say, 9 to 8 or 7, then a sudden
drop at 6, or so. There's a hot spot on the side of the burner where
the opening is for the gas and it cooks things really unevenly.

Susan
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know who the manufacturer is? Our old stove needs repairs,
> and it looks like the probable cost of fixing it will be at least half the
> cost of a new Kenmore 77483.
> It _looks_ like a fairly decent middle-of-the-road unit - five burners
> including a central griddle, cast trivets with full surface coverage,
> sealed burners, warming drawer, convection and self-cleaning.

Check here http://www.applianceaid.com/searscodes.html

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "S Viemeister" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone know who the manufacturer is? Our old stove needs repairs,
>> and it looks like the probable cost of fixing it will be at least half the
>> cost of a new Kenmore 77483.
>> It _looks_ like a fairly decent middle-of-the-road unit - five burners
>> including a central griddle, cast trivets with full surface coverage,
>> sealed burners, warming drawer, convection and self-cleaning.

> Check here http://www.applianceaid.com/searscodes.html

Thanks - I did check, but can't find either 022 (the first three digits
of the item number), or 774 (the first three digits of the model number).
It has a possible family resemblance to Frigidaire, but I haven't been
able to find out anything definite.