Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Difficult to find utensils and cooking items

I've been trying to find a couple items with very little luck. I'm
hoping that somebody here has bought these recently and might be able
to tell me a chain store or even an online store that might carry them.

The first item is a jar for oil or sauce and the cap has a built in
basting brush. I know I have seen one before, but I cannot find one. I
like to make panini sandwiches at home, and I have to would like to
keep the basting brush in the jar of oil. Less mess.

A baking pan for mini-loaves. Basically a muffin pan, but mini-loaves
instead. I finally found one store that carried such a pan, but it is a
fancy silicon thing, and they want $17 for it. I just want a plain old
metal baking sheet type pan.

I have tried Walmart, Target, the local grocery store, and Cash N Carry
(I really thought the'd have it). I don't know of any local cooking
supply stores.

Any ideas?

Also, I'm looking for two OLD items.

One is an old BBQ grill that was shaped like a train engine. I have an
old photo of one that we used to have when I was growing up. My dad has
always been a train fan. My mom said it was called a Chatanooga choo
choo grill. It would be a cool gift if I could find of those somewhere
even if it doesn't work.

And second, has anyone ever heard of a brand name "Roberson" for
knives? My dad has these two favorite knives. They were purchased from
a hardware store a long time ago. That particular store is now a
museum. I have tried searching online and haven't found anything. I
would like to get him a set of knives like those if I can find them.

Any help with those two would be great. Father's Day is coming soon,
and it's getting hard to find the ideal gift.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann wrote:

> I have seen the mini loaf pans (metal) at Wal Mart and some catalogs
> such as Miles Kimball, Harriet Carter, and perhaps Walter Drake.

Thanks! The walmart didn't have them when I checked today, but I may
check again to see if they were just out. My mom gets a lot of
catalogs, and I think she gets the first two listed, maybe the third,
so I will see if she has any handy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jude wrote:

> All I can picture is jars of rubber cement!! You could wash one of
> those out <g>

Hmm. I might in that other situation being discussed (always getting
sick at somebody's house).

I did take a look at two of the catalogs listed, but no luck so far. I
was thinking of making one, but I need to find a food-safe way to seal
the lid around the brush.

> > A baking pan for mini-loaves. Basically a muffin pan, but mini-loaves
> > instead. I finally found one store that carried such a pan, but it is a
> > fancy silicon thing, and they want $17 for it. I just want a plain old
> > metal baking sheet type pan.

> I have a set of these. 3 seperaet mini loaf pans. (I've seen ones that
> are attached together as well.) Got them at KMart, I believe. I'd
> google for em.

The fancy pan I saw had 9 loaves on one sheet that was smaller than a
regular baking sheet. Like a muffin pan. I want the loaves to be fairly
small. How big are the ones you have? If they are small enough, that
would work. Google is a good idea too. I'll give that a try.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Some company makes an empty rubber cement jar. Try Staples or one of
the Office stores, or an arts supply store. Just to demonstrate, I
did a search and found one at

http://www.enasco.com/artsandcrafts/... uickIndex=397

On 12 May 2006 04:46:40 -0700, "Jude" > wrote:

wrote:
>> I've been trying to find a couple items with very little luck. I'm
>> hoping that somebody here has bought these recently and might be able
>> to tell me a chain store or even an online store that might carry them.
>>
>> The first item is a jar for oil or sauce and the cap has a built in
>> basting brush. I know I have seen one before, but I cannot find one. I
>> like to make panini sandwiches at home, and I have to would like to
>> keep the basting brush in the jar of oil. Less mess.

>All I can picture is jars of rubber cement!! You could wash one of
>those out <g>
>

>> A baking pan for mini-loaves. Basically a muffin pan, but mini-loaves
>> instead. I finally found one store that carried such a pan, but it is a
>> fancy silicon thing, and they want $17 for it. I just want a plain old
>> metal baking sheet type pan.

>I have a set of these. 3 seperaet mini loaf pans. (I've seen ones that
>are attached together as well.) Got them at KMart, I believe. I'd
>google for em.
>>
>> I have tried Walmart, Target, the local grocery store, and Cash N Carry
>> (I really thought the'd have it). I don't know of any local cooking
>> supply stores.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> I've been trying to find a couple items with very little luck. I'm
> hoping that somebody here has bought these recently and might be able
> to tell me a chain store or even an online store that might carry them.
>
> The first item is a jar for oil or sauce and the cap has a built in
> basting brush. I know I have seen one before, but I cannot find one. I
> like to make panini sandwiches at home, and I have to would like to
> keep the basting brush in the jar of oil. Less mess.
>
> A baking pan for mini-loaves. Basically a muffin pan, but mini-loaves
> instead. I finally found one store that carried such a pan, but it is a
> fancy silicon thing, and they want $17 for it. I just want a plain old
> metal baking sheet type pan.
>
> I have tried Walmart, Target, the local grocery store, and Cash N Carry
> (I really thought the'd have it). I don't know of any local cooking
> supply stores.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Also, I'm looking for two OLD items.
>
> One is an old BBQ grill that was shaped like a train engine. I have an
> old photo of one that we used to have when I was growing up. My dad has
> always been a train fan. My mom said it was called a Chatanooga choo
> choo grill. It would be a cool gift if I could find of those somewhere
> even if it doesn't work.
>
> And second, has anyone ever heard of a brand name "Roberson" for
> knives? My dad has these two favorite knives. They were purchased from
> a hardware store a long time ago. That particular store is now a
> museum. I have tried searching online and haven't found anything. I
> would like to get him a set of knives like those if I can find them.
>
> Any help with those two would be great. Father's Day is coming soon,
> and it's getting hard to find the ideal gift.

The King Arthur Store has the oil bottle and brush. I have one that I
got from King Arthur.
http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/deta...=1147441829054

They also have many, many loaf pans. Just search for "loaf".

Barbara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

www.cooksworld.com

If you don't see what you want, call them. Nice people.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Train grill - ain't cheap....

http://www.rdcss.com/samples/bbq/public_html/novel.html

Cappy

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've been trying to find a couple items with very little luck. I'm
> hoping that somebody here has bought these recently and might be able
> to tell me a chain store or even an online store that might carry them.
>
> The first item is a jar for oil or sauce and the cap has a built in
> basting brush. I know I have seen one before, but I cannot find one. I
> like to make panini sandwiches at home, and I have to would like to
> keep the basting brush in the jar of oil. Less mess.
>
> A baking pan for mini-loaves. Basically a muffin pan, but mini-loaves
> instead. I finally found one store that carried such a pan, but it is a
> fancy silicon thing, and they want $17 for it. I just want a plain old
> metal baking sheet type pan.
>
> I have tried Walmart, Target, the local grocery store, and Cash N Carry
> (I really thought the'd have it). I don't know of any local cooking
> supply stores.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Also, I'm looking for two OLD items.
>
> One is an old BBQ grill that was shaped like a train engine. I have an
> old photo of one that we used to have when I was growing up. My dad has
> always been a train fan. My mom said it was called a Chatanooga choo
> choo grill. It would be a cool gift if I could find of those somewhere
> even if it doesn't work.
>
> And second, has anyone ever heard of a brand name "Roberson" for
> knives? My dad has these two favorite knives. They were purchased from
> a hardware store a long time ago. That particular store is now a
> museum. I have tried searching online and haven't found anything. I
> would like to get him a set of knives like those if I can find them.
>
> Any help with those two would be great. Father's Day is coming soon,
> and it's getting hard to find the ideal gift.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've been trying to find a couple items with very little luck. I'm
> hoping that somebody here has bought these recently and might be able
> to tell me a chain store or even an online store that might carry them.
>
> The first item is a jar for oil or sauce and the cap has a built in
> basting brush. I know I have seen one before, but I cannot find one. I
> like to make panini sandwiches at home, and I have to would like to
> keep the basting brush in the jar of oil. Less mess.

+++ I think King Arthur Flour has one and most likely, so does Williams &
Sonoma.

> A baking pan for mini-loaves. Basically a muffin pan, but mini-loaves
> instead. I finally found one store that carried such a pan, but it is a
> fancy silicon thing, and they want $17 for it. I just want a plain old
> metal baking sheet type pan.

+++ I saw them at Wal-Mart around Christmas time...

--
Syssi