Member

Default Cooking utensils or method that we can use to cook without/less oil?

Hi,

I've watched a tv programme(Spore) some years ago....The couple shows how to cook food by using only the fat from the meat. Is it b'cos of the cooking utensils or the method that allows cooking without adding oil?

Regards
__________________
Commercial coffee machines
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 3:22*am, wingmark >
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've watched a tv programme(Spore) some years ago....The couple shows
> how to cook food by using only the fat from the meat. Is it b'cos of the
> cooking utensils or the method that allows cooking without adding oil?

Don't believe everything you see in the movies. If a piece of meat is
fatty enough, you don't need extra frying fat *provided* you have the
heat low enough to avoid scorching and sticking before enough fat is
rendered to work with. I do that with the first few pieces of bacon,
but I wouldn't waste a steak that way.

Jerry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 03:11:06 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Avins >
wrote:

> On Jul 22, 3:22*am, wingmark >
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've watched a tv programme(Spore) some years ago....The couple shows
> > how to cook food by using only the fat from the meat. Is it b'cos of the
> > cooking utensils or the method that allows cooking without adding oil?

> Don't believe everything you see in the movies. If a piece of meat is
> fatty enough, you don't need extra frying fat *provided* you have the
> heat low enough to avoid scorching and sticking before enough fat is
> rendered to work with. I do that with the first few pieces of bacon,
> but I wouldn't waste a steak that way.

That's what I do when I cook chicken with it's skin on. No need for
extra fat, it renders plenty.