Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default what makes you feel better?

When I'm depressed, I buy plates.

What cheers you up?

http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg

Elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:33:42 -0500, "elaine" >
wrote:

>When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
>What cheers you up?

Food shopping.

Eating something yummy.

Good sex.

Taking time to just sit and read.

Having a clean house.

>http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg

Now I have kitchen envy.

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > wrote in message

>>http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg

> Now I have kitchen envy.
>
> serene

Me, too, kitchen envy.

This picture is exactly the layout from sink to range that I am deciding on
counter-top - for. I see that it has some nice counter-tops. I have seen
this picture before when the tiles above it were discussed. Can you refresh
me as to the composition of the counter-top?
Thanks plenty,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:33:42 -0500, "elaine" >
> wrote:
>
>>When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>>
>>What cheers you up?

Luxuriating in bed on fresh clean sheets with a cool breeze blowing in a
whiff of nature, and silence.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> "Serene" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:33:42 -0500, "elaine" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>>>
>>>What cheers you up?

> Luxuriating in bed on fresh clean sheets with a cool breeze blowing in a
> whiff of nature, and silence.
> Dee Dee

I so LOVE clean sheet day. Now that I can identify with!

E.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:
> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
> What cheers you up?
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>
> Elaine

For me it is shopping ! Especially shoes.
Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosie wrote:

> For me it is shopping ! Especially shoes.

Sorry, but I don't get the shopping thing. When I need
something I go to a store where I expect to be able to find
it. If it's not there, I go to another store where I might
find it. My SiL, on OTOH, loves to shop. She has a friend
that she goes shopping with every Saturday. I was on
vacation in Europe with my brother and SiL. Walking down the
streets of Paris with her was like walking a dog male dog
through a forest.

My wife is not much of a shopper, but I suspect that she has
developed a show fetish. I had to clear out her shoe closet
a few months ago. She has close to 50 pairs of shoes. I
don't get it. I have a pair of good shoes, a pair of walking
shoes, a pair of casual shoes, a pair of runners for messing
around and a pair of runners for the gym. I have a pair of
work boots and a pair of paddock boots for riding. My own
collection seems excessive. Imagine how I think about her
extra 45 pairs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yeah, I have to agree with you Dave. I never did understand the
shopping thing either. I hate shopping! I don't see how they do it.
As for the shoe thing, that's just crazy! I don't even own tennis shoes
(because I won't go out and shop for them of course). No, I take that
back, I do have some, they are green (used to be white). I used them to
mow but now I don't have a lawn so needless to say I don't use them
anymore. I have a pair of dress boots for work, some regular jean
boots, a pair of sandles for dresses, and gotta have the flip-flops.
That's four! I have less than you! Ha! I have a very limited amount of
clothes in my closet also. I can hang everything and my man still takes
up more of the closet than I do. It just doesn't bother me. I guess I'm
just not very girly.
Anyway, to not saving money! Cheers!

~Katie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosie wrote:

> elaine wrote:
> > When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
> >
> > What cheers you up?
> >
> > http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
> >
> > Elaine

> For me it is shopping ! Especially shoes.
> Rosie

Hmmm? I never could understand the shoe thing.
I hate wearing them and I hate shopping for them
even more.

Eating cheers me up. Unfortunately. ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Kate Connally > said:
> rosie wrote:
> >
> > elaine wrote:
> > > When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
> > >
> > > What cheers you up?
> > >
> > > http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
> > >
> > > Elaine

> > For me it is shopping ! Especially shoes.
> > Rosie

> Hmmm? I never could understand the shoe thing.
> I hate wearing them and I hate shopping for them
> even more.

Same here! I only wear them when I must. I like being barefoot.

> Eating cheers me up. Unfortunately. ;-)

Yeah, I'm trying to overcome that, though...

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 06 Apr 2006 12:53:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it jj - rfc?

> One time on Usenet, Kate Connally > said:
>> rosie wrote:

>> > For me it is shopping ! Especially shoes.
>> > Rosie

>> Hmmm? I never could understand the shoe thing.
>> I hate wearing them and I hate shopping for them even more.

> Same here! I only wear them when I must. I like being barefoot.
>
>> Eating cheers me up. Unfortunately. ;-)

> Yeah, I'm trying to overcome that, though...

If you give up eating, you may not live too long. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> said:
> On Thu 06 Apr 2006 12:53:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it jj - rfc?

> >> Hmmm? I never could understand the shoe thing.
> >> I hate wearing them and I hate shopping for them even more.

> > Same here! I only wear them when I must. I like being barefoot.
> >
> >> Eating cheers me up. Unfortunately. ;-)

> > Yeah, I'm trying to overcome that, though...
> >

> If you give up eating, you may not live too long. :-)

Heh! I mean the eating because it cheers me up part -- I'm learning to
look at food as fuel...

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Three weeks in Italy. Unfortunately, you get pretty depressed coming
home.

Doing something productive. Clean out the fridge, sort papers, do your
taxes. Heck, you were in a lousy mood anyway.

A judicious sampling from my European Aspirin Collection.

A good book (though sadly neither David Rakoff's nor Joe Keenan's
qualifies).

Visiting friends. Getting a compliment. Getting a good price for the
crap I have on eBay.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31 Mar 2006 15:08:47 -0800, wrote:

>A judicious sampling from my European Aspirin Collection.

Um, huh?

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31 Mar 2006 15:08:47 -0800, wrote:

>Getting a compliment.

Your content is concise and well-written. You demonstrate good use of
white space.

I'll bet you're a fantastic cook, too!

Peace,
Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> Getting a compliment.

> Your content is concise and well-written. *You demonstrate
> good use of white space.

> I'll bet you're a fantastic cook, too!

Gosh, it's crazy how well that works. <g> You're a gentlewoman and a
scholar. And hey, those are *beautiful* shoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in :

> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
> What cheers you up?
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>
> Elaine

What cheers me up is folding up paper plates and tossing them in the
trash bin.

I had a set of lead painted cheap-o china from ... and had a wonderful
time frisbee-ing them into the dumpster.

Bachelor's priveledge.

You want a fine time, we're talking limo, fine wine and dine
(Bookbinders?), song and dance on 2nd and Chestnut (in Philly) to Louis
Armstrong's sidewalk act and a pause somewhere with a bottle of champagne
and a toast with our heads out of the limo roof, lookng over a river city
view, a peck on the cheek and walk you safely to your door.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>What cheers you up?

seeing a post with out a silly tinypic URL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:42:31 GMT, Ward Abbott wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:33:42 -0500, "elaine" >
> wrote:
>
> >What cheers you up?

> seeing a post with out a silly tinypic URL

Curmudgeon!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>What cheers you up?

A good nap. A long, warm hug. M&Ms.

Well, two out of three ain't bad!

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:
> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
> What cheers you up?
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>
> Elaine

going to the park with my kid on a nice day. Cooking something yummy.

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

Adam Bowman wrote:
>I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
> then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
> wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
> messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
> your intention?
>
> That type of argument is like
>
> "Bob shot someone"
>
> "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
>What cheers you up?
>
>http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>
>Elaine

I buy cookbooks, and cooking equipment. Mostly cookbooks though.

I must be depressed...I have a list of about 10 cookbooks that I want
to buy now. Not to mention the new kitchen equipment.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "elaine" >
wrote:

> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
> What cheers you up?

The Princess Bride.

And/or hot chocolate.

Miche

--
WWMVD?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:
> In article >, "elaine"
> > wrote:
>
>> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>>
>> What cheers you up?

> The Princess Bride.

"Have fun storming the castle!"

> And/or hot chocolate.
>
> Miche

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" wrote

> What cheers you up?
> Elaine

A gorgeous day - blue sky, cool breeze, birds singing.

Laughing with friends.

Laughing and hugging DH.

Getting hugs from my grandkids!

Finding a favorite something that I had misplaced.

Hearing from someone who had moved away.

Life!

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 31 Mar 2006 07:18:48p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?

> "elaine" wrote
>>
>> What cheers you up?
>> Elaine

> A gorgeous day - blue sky, cool breeze, birds singing.
>
> Laughing with friends.
>
> Laughing and hugging DH.
>
> Getting hugs from my grandkids!
>
> Finding a favorite something that I had misplaced.
>
> Hearing from someone who had moved away.
>
> Life!
>
> Dora

You're high! And that's a very good thing!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1 Apr 2006 05:35:39 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri 31 Mar 2006 07:18:48p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?
>

>> "elaine" wrote
>>>
>>> What cheers you up?
>>> Elaine

>> A gorgeous day - blue sky, cool breeze, birds singing.
>>
>> Laughing with friends.
>>
>> Laughing and hugging DH.
>>
>> Getting hugs from my grandkids!
>>
>> Finding a favorite something that I had misplaced.
>>
>> Hearing from someone who had moved away.
>>
>> Life!
>>
>> Dora

>You're high! And that's a very good thing!

I had the opportunity to experience one of my favorites a few days
ago.

Though we have had a mild winter here, and my, daffs, crocuses, tulips
and trees are one to two weeks ahead of where they should be, I never
really consider it to be spring until I hear my spring peepers at the
stream nearby.

These little froggies started singing in very small number a few night
ago and each day since, the evenings have stayed warm (for around
here) and they have come out in greater numbers. They are so
delightful to me. It is as if I have been holding my breath all winter
long and just now go to let it out and take in a fresh one.

There is a sound file of their chirping on the site below.

http://www.naturesound.com/frogs/pages/peeper.html

The other harbinger of spring is the invasion of the black ants, and
by gum, they are all the hell over my kitchen.

Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:18:48 -0500, limey wrote:

> "elaine" wrote
> >
> > What cheers you up?
> > Elaine

> A gorgeous day - blue sky, cool breeze, birds singing.
>
> Laughing with friends.
>
> Laughing and hugging DH.
>
> Getting hugs from my grandkids!
>
> Finding a favorite something that I had misplaced.
>
> Hearing from someone who moved away.

That pretty much sums up for me too. I remember the days when buying
new makeup, a new dress or a new pair of shoes (later, it was
housewares and cookbooks) really did make me feel better. I guess as
we get older, keeping the economy in motion isn't at the top of our
list anymore.... not that we've given up on it, by any means. It's
just that other things are more important to us these days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message

limey wrote:

>> "elaine" wrote
>> >
>> > What cheers you up?
>> > Elaine

>> A gorgeous day - blue sky, cool breeze, birds singing.
>>
>> Laughing with friends.
>>
>> Laughing and hugging DH.
>>
>> Getting hugs from my grandkids!
>>
>> Finding a favorite something that I had misplaced.
>>
>> Hearing from someone who moved away.
>>

> That pretty much sums up for me too. I remember the days when buying
> new makeup, a new dress or a new pair of shoes (later, it was
> housewares and cookbooks) really did make me feel better. I guess as
> we get older, keeping the economy in motion isn't at the top of our
> list anymore.... not that we've given up on it, by any means. It's
> just that other things are more important to us these days.
> --

Right on, Barb.
Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "elaine" >
wrote:

> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
> What cheers you up?

Seeing my granddaughter or my kids.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-30-2006 Enchiladas for Two

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:39:31 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >, "elaine" >
>wrote:
>
>> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>>
>> What cheers you up?

>Seeing my granddaughter or my kids.

Oh, yes...being with the kids (no grand kids, yet, but they are sort
of young to breed) can make me feel whole and quite content.

.....and my husband of course. I am delighted to say that even after 13
years, when I hear him coming up the front steps, I get a smile and my
heart beats just a tad faster with happiness.

Full house around here is becoming more rare, with one about to
graduate from college (Oh, yeah, she's moving back home) and two about
to start in the fall.

Thanks goodness for Instant Messaging.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message ...
> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
> What cheers you up?
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>
> Elaine

Depends on what's depressing me. ;-)
A hug from my daughter is pretty much a cure-all.
Snuggling with my husband (especially when I can get him to rub my neck/shoulders
and/or hair!)
my Mom
cooking something I love for someone I love
chocolate
my dog, Lucy
drawing and/or painting
stormy weather
finding really good produce (hey, I'm easy, what can I say?)

I'd say antidepressants...but they never really make you feel good, just less bad.
I never really got into shopping, I don't like crowds much
kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nexis" > wrote in message

> "elaine" > wrote in message
>> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>>
>> What cheers you up?
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>>
>> Elaine

> Depends on what's depressing me. ;-)
> A hug from my daughter is pretty much a cure-all.
> Snuggling with my husband (especially when I can get him to rub my
> neck/shoulders and/or hair!)
> my Mom
> cooking something I love for someone I love
> chocolate
> my dog, Lucy
> drawing and/or painting
> stormy weather
> finding really good produce (hey, I'm easy, what can I say?)
>
> I'd say antidepressants...but they never really make you feel good, just
> less bad.
> I never really got into shopping, I don't like crowds much
> kimberly

Wish I had a "my dog, Lucy."
Now that would really cheer me up more than anything in the world.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:
> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
> What cheers you up?
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>
> Elaine

"I AM A LION HEAR ME ROAR!!!"

...feel better..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:
> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>
> What cheers you up?
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>
> Elaine

Judi Dench's underpants
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12222004

or lots of beer (like tonight. lots of beer)

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 05:28:57 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

>elaine wrote:
>> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>>
>> What cheers you up?
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>>
>> Elaine
>>

>Judi Dench's underpants
>http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12222004

You're a very strange person.

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 05:28:57 GMT, The Bubbo >
> wrote:
>
>>elaine wrote:
>>> When I'm depressed, I buy plates.
>>>
>>> What cheers you up?
>>>
>>> http://i2.tinypic.com/solb1y.jpg
>>>
>>> Elaine
>>>

>>Judi Dench's underpants
>>http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12222004

> You're a very strange person.
>
> serene

but an undeniably cheerful one!
and you KNOW you'd totally be cheered by Judi Dench's 3 pound underpants.
You'd see them and laugh.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:41:06 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

>Serene wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 05:28:57 GMT, The Bubbo >

>>>Judi Dench's underpants
>>>http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12222004

>> You're a very strange person.
>>
>> serene

>but an undeniably cheerful one!

You always cheer *me*, I know that much.

>and you KNOW you'd totally be cheered by Judi Dench's 3 pound underpants.

To tell the truth, I wouldn't mind getting into Dame Judi's pants.

>You'd see them and laugh.

Heh.

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:41:06 GMT, The Bubbo >
> wrote:
>
>>Serene wrote:
>>> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 05:28:57 GMT, The Bubbo >

>>> You're a very strange person.
>>>
>>> serene

>>but an undeniably cheerful one!

> You always cheer *me*, I know that much.
>
>>and you KNOW you'd totally be cheered by Judi Dench's 3 pound underpants.

> To tell the truth, I wouldn't mind getting into Dame Judi's pants.
>
>>You'd see them and laugh.

> Heh.
>
> serene

bit of advice...if you manage to get into Dame Judi's 3 pound underpants,
don't laugh. It's very upsetting to have someone laugh at your underpants and
kind of kills the mood.

If you must laugh, do something goofy to make her laugh as well, then you can
disguise your underpants laughter in something else and she'll be none the
wiser.