Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

Default beef and chicken satay

I made that .. well.. it really wasn't worth a damn. I 'd post the
pictures but they're too UGLY... are you really supposed to use peanut sauce
on beef?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 03:36:13 GMT, jay wrote:

> I made that .. well.. it really wasn't worth a damn. I 'd post the
> pictures but they're too UGLY... are you really supposed to use peanut sauce
> on beef?

Peanut sauce is served on the side. Dunk the meat in it just before
you put it into your mouth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

> It burns easily. Use a marinade without peanuts (or much sugar),
> and brush on the peanut sauce a minute or two before you take it
> off the grill.
>
> Beef w/peanuts (in various forms) is popular in SE Asia.
>
> -sw

I tried it again today.. way better.. maybe the marinade had a chance to do
some magic. Last night I did not put the sauce on before taking it off the
grill.. that does make a difference.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 03:36:13 GMT, jay wrote:
>
>> I made that .. well.. it really wasn't worth a damn. I 'd post the
>> pictures but they're too UGLY... are you really supposed to use peanut
>> sauce
>> on beef?
>>

> Peanut sauce is served on the side. Dunk the meat in it just before
> you put it into your mouth.

...bought the sauce..maybe a homemade version would better.. thanks..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote in message
. com...
>I made that .. well.. it really wasn't worth a damn. I 'd post the
>pictures but they're too UGLY... are you really supposed to use peanut
>sauce on beef?

check out Thai recipes...

Harriet & critters

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:

> I made that .. well.. it really wasn't worth a damn. I 'd post the
> pictures but they're too UGLY... are you really supposed to use peanut sauce
> on beef?

Sure. It can be delicious.
I make a sort of Satay with sirloin steaks, chicken or pork tenderloin. Cut the
meat into strips and marinate in soya sauce with some crushed garlic and rated
ginger root for about an hour tops. Then put it on skewers and grill it. I use
President's choice Memories of Szechwan or Memories of Bangkok for the dipping
sauce. It make not be authentic, but it is pretty darned good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

"cathyxyz" > wrote in message
ups.com...

<kept that ONE>

Thanks Cathy..will definately try your recipe!