Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breaded chicken help

Does anyone have a recipe for breaded chicken? I've eaten out where the
breading is thick and doesn't fall off the chicken. I've tried a couple of
different ways, corn starch and also bread crumbs(prepackaged), but not to
my satisfaction. Can anyone help someone like me who cooks with 2 left
thumbs??? Many thanks as always.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Mark Loehndorf" > wrote:

> Does anyone have a recipe for breaded chicken? I've eaten out where the
> breading is thick and doesn't fall off the chicken. I've tried a couple of
> different ways, corn starch and also bread crumbs(prepackaged), but not to
> my satisfaction. Can anyone help someone like me who cooks with 2 left
> thumbs??? Many thanks as always.

Buttermilk, flour, and repeat works for me. Season the flour as you like
with salt, pepper, cayenne, ...

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Loehndorf" > wrote in message
. com...
> Does anyone have a recipe for breaded chicken? I've eaten out where the
> breading is thick and doesn't fall off the chicken. I've tried a couple of
> different ways, corn starch and also bread crumbs(prepackaged), but not to
> my satisfaction. Can anyone help someone like me who cooks with 2 left
> thumbs??? Many thanks as always.

Spread some mayo on the chicken first. Works better than dipping in egg or
buttermilk, IMO. I works on pork chops as well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 19 Feb 2006 09:19:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Mark
Loehndorf?

> Does anyone have a recipe for breaded chicken? I've eaten out where the
> breading is thick and doesn't fall off the chicken. I've tried a couple of
> different ways, corn starch and also bread crumbs(prepackaged), but not to
> my satisfaction. Can anyone help someone like me who cooks with 2 left
> thumbs??? Many thanks as always.

I think it's more in the technique than in the ingredients. I use buttermilk
and a mixture of seasoned flour and cornstarch.

Soak the chicken pieces in the buttermilk a minimum of half an hour up to as
long as overnight. Dredge in the flour mixture and place on a wire rack.
Allow the coating to thoroughly dry (it can be refrigerated). Repeat by
dipping in buttermilk, then dredging in the flour mixture and drying again on
a wire rack. Don't overcrowd the pan when frying.

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

what you can do is pat the chicken dry with paper towels/kitchen paper
then dip it in flour , seasoned to your tastes, then dip it in milk to
cover then dip it in too dried or toasted breadcrumbs , if you want to
do something a bit different add a bit of coconut to the flour , if you
like a extra crunchy coating you can double dip it in to the milk and
breadcrumbs ie flour milk breadcrumbs then back in to the milk and
breadcrumbs again .... also make sure your containers have enough flour
or breadcrumbs in that you can give them a good shake to make sure
things are evenly coated. you can then sit in the fridge untill ready
or cook straight after crumbing . The other important thing is to make
sure your pan or oil or oven is nice and hot before you place the
chicken in it gives it a nice crispy outer

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Loehndorf" > wrote in message
. com...
> Does anyone have a recipe for breaded chicken? I've eaten out where the
> breading is thick and doesn't fall off the chicken. I've tried a couple of
> different ways, corn starch and also bread crumbs(prepackaged), but not to
> my satisfaction. Can anyone help someone like me who cooks with 2 left
> thumbs??? Many thanks as always.

Dip in flour, then beaten egg, then dry breadcrumbs. IMPORTANT! Let sit, on
a rack, for at least half an hour before cooking. THis helps the coating to
adhere.

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Does anyone have a recipe for breaded chicken? I've eaten out where the
> breading is thick and doesn't fall off the chicken. I've tried a couple of
> different ways, corn starch and also bread crumbs(prepackaged), but not to
> my satisfaction. Can anyone help someone like me who cooks with 2 left
> thumbs??? Many thanks as always.

I was at a baby shower on Saturday and the lady who prepared the food, did
this:

chicken breasts pounded thin.

dipped in egg wash

dipped in panko crumbs (japanese bread crumbs) should be available at your
local super market)

deep fried & turned a lovely golden brown.

served with a white bechamel sauce.

Harriet & critters

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Loehndorf wrote:

> Does anyone have a recipe for breaded chicken? I've eaten out where the
> breading is thick and doesn't fall off the chicken. I've tried a couple of
> different ways, corn starch and also bread crumbs(prepackaged), but not to
> my satisfaction. Can anyone help someone like me who cooks with 2 left
> thumbs??? Many thanks as always.

I make oven fried chicken by dredging the chicken pieces in seasoned flour,
then an egg was and then into seasoned bread crumbs. Lay them in a greased
baking pan and drizzle with oil or melted butter. Bake them at 425 for 20
minutes then turn them and bake for another 20 minutes.

The seasoning is up to you. I generally add salt, pepper, a bit of garlic
powder, paprika, chopped parsley and sometimes oregano.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Harriet Neal wrote:

> > Does anyone have a recipe for breaded chicken? I've eaten out where

> the
> > breading is thick and doesn't fall off the chicken. I've tried a

> couple of
> > different ways, corn starch and also bread crumbs(prepackaged), but

> not to
> > my satisfaction. Can anyone help someone like me who cooks with 2

> left
> > thumbs??? Many thanks as always.

> I was at a baby shower on Saturday and the lady who prepared the food,
> did
> this:
>
> chicken breasts pounded thin.
>
> dipped in egg wash

Try using only beaten egg yolks. Makes a thicker,tougher (relatively)
coating that holds togehter much better than a whole egg coating. Also
sauteing the chicken just enough to set up and colour the coating and
then transfereng the chiken to bake in the oven is my prefered method.

Also various coating baters produce very good results.

Pate a frire (frying batter)
------------------------------

8 ounces flour

1 cpu warm water

pinch of salt

2 tbs. oil

2 egg whites

Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the water,
salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Leave to stand for 1 hour and just
before using add the stiffly beaten egg whites.

An additon of 1 tbs. sugar and 1 tbs. brandy is a nice additon.
-----------------

Beer Batter
--------------

8 ounces flour

pinch of salt

2 tbs. melted butter

1/4 pint strong dark beer (poerter or stout)

1/2 pint warm water

1 tbs. brandy

2 egg whites

Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, add butter, beer and water and mix
all well. Add brandy and lastly, stiffly beaten egg whties.
----------
JL

> dipped in panko crumbs (japanese bread crumbs) should be available at
> your
> local super market)
>
> deep fried & turned a lovely golden brown.
>
> served with a white bechamel sauce.
>
> Harriet & critters

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Loehndorf wrote:
> Does anyone have a recipe for breaded chicken? I've eaten out where the
> breading is thick and doesn't fall off the chicken. I've tried a couple of
> different ways, corn starch and also bread crumbs(prepackaged), but not to
> my satisfaction. Can anyone help someone like me who cooks with 2 left
> thumbs??? Many thanks as always.

Always dredge in flour first... the flour becomes the glue.

Sheldon