Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default a bit of a w problem

My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

--
Cheers!

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:20:33 +0000, Ruddell
> wrote:

>My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
>bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
>Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

Waldorf salad

Watercress sandwiches

Whole-wheat bread

Wheatberry salad (recipe he
http://www.reluctantvegan.com/2005/0...eat-salad.html )

White bean soup (recipe he
http://www.reluctantvegan.com/2005/0...-imagined.html or
he http://www.reluctantvegan.com/2005/0...-witchery.html )

Watermelon boat filled with fruit salad (more of a summer thing)

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 01 Feb 2006 07:20:33a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Ruddell?

> My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs
> to bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too
> of Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any
> suggestions?

Watergate Salad
Wild Rice Casserole
Wicken Chocolate Cake

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ruddell wrote:
> My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

Worchester cheese sandwiches!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Ruddell wrote:
> > My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> > bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> > Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

woasted wildabeast. kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"dee" > wrote:

> Ruddell wrote:
> > My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> > bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> > Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?
> >

> Worchester cheese sandwiches!

Wurst grilled with steamed savoy cabbage...... or kraut!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"kevnbro" > wrote:

> > Ruddell wrote:
> > > My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs
> > > bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> > > Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any
> > > suggestions?

> woasted wildabeast. kev

Wild rice pilaf? :-)
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wings
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kevnbro" > wrote

>> Ruddell wrote:
>> > My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she
>> > needs to
>> > bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
>> > Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any
>> > suggestions?

> woasted wildabeast.

Weawy!!

Hmmm ... waffles, white cheddar with wheat thins ...
watermelon? White bean salad ...

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ruddell > writes:
> My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

Wassail?

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1 Feb 2006 12:38:58 -0800, "kevnbro" > wrote:

>> Ruddell wrote:
>> > My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
>> > bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
>> > Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

> woasted wildabeast. kev

Wascally Welsh Wabbit

modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ruddell wrote:
> My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?
>

> --
> Cheers!
>
> Dennis
>
> Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

weight watchers!

just duck if you suggest it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ruddell wrote:

> My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

Waldorf salad
-------------
Take equal parts of pippin apples and celeriac, both cut into dice and
peeled halves of fresh walnuts and dress with a thin mayonnaise.

Windsor salad
-------------
Take equal parts of celery, raw truffles, cooked white of chicken,
salted ox tongue, piccalilli and raw mushrooms, all cut into julienne.

Mix with a sauce mayonnaise mixed with a little derby sauce and arrange
dome shaped in a bowl on a layer of crisp lettuce allowing some of the
lettuce to rise above the salad mix.

note: i substitute a good ham for the tongue and leave out the truffles
because of rarity.

Willhelmine strawberries
------------------------
Macerate some nice large strawberries with sugar, orange juice and
Kirsch (cherry brandy). Arrange in a timbale and serve accompanied with
a vanilla flavoured creme Chantilly.

Welsh rarebit? White cabbage with Wine? Windsor soup uses calf's feet
but is other wise fairly easy.
---
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> Welsh rarebit? White cabbage with Wine? Windsor soup uses calf's feet
> but is other wise fairly easy.
> ---
> JL

dang!

who in the world is going to have wabbit for lunch?

nobody!

although it could be the talk of the office

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Tibbs wrote:

> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>

>>Welsh rarebit? White cabbage with Wine? Windsor soup uses calf's feet
>>but is other wise fairly easy.
>>---
>>JL

> dang!
>

> who in the world is going to have wabbit for lunch?
>
> nobody!
>
> although it could be the talk of the office

"Rarebit" not wabbit. Cheese, beer & mustard on toast.
---
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:20:33 +0000, Ruddell
> > wrote:
>
> >My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> >bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> >Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

> Just off the top of my head:
>
> Wakame
> Water Bugs
> Witchety Grubs
> Silk Worms
> Fried Whitebait
> Warthog

Hey warthog is good! You ever tried it? I have. Better than pork any
day.

Chers
Cathy(xyz)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ruddell wrote:

> My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

Water.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ruddell wrote:
> My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

Wafers
waffles
Waldorf salad
Walnuts (walnut brownies, etc.)
Water
Watercress salad
watermelon pickles
Watermelon
wedding cake (!)
Welsh rabbit
Wheat anything
white sauce
whitefish
weiners
wild rice
wine
wontons
worcestershire sauce
wraps

And that's just from the Joy of Cooking!

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
Ruddell > wrote:

> My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs to
> bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
> Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any suggestions?

Hello Dennis, haven't seen you around much!

Wasabi is what I would bring.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ranee Mueller wrote on 02 Feb 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Hello Dennis, haven't seen you around much!
>
> Wasabi is what I would bring.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee
>
> Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

White fish?
Walnuts?
Waffles?

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 02 Feb 2006 03:32:34p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Mr Libido
Incognito?

> Ranee Mueller wrote on 02 Feb 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Hello Dennis, haven't seen you around much!
>>
>> Wasabi is what I would bring.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ranee
>>
>> Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.
>>

> White fish?
> Walnuts?
> Waffles?

Hmm... White Fish and Walnut Waffles. Haven't ever seen that on a menu.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wabbit.

Bob ("Be vewwy, vewwy qwiet....") M.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote on 02 Feb 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Hmm... White Fish and Walnut Waffles. Haven't ever seen that on a menu.

You don't get out often enough...

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ranee Mueller" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> Ruddell > wrote:
>
>> My wife is in one of those potluck lunches at work. This time she needs
>> bring something which begins with the letter W (yeah, reminds me too of
>> Sesame Street). Anyway, something simple, hot or cold. Any
>> suggestions?

Did someone suggest:
Wine
Weiners

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thanks for the help, was: a bit of a w problem

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:27:27 +0000, Bob Myers wrote
(in article >):

> Wabbit.
>

> Bob ("Be vewwy, vewwy qwiet....") M.

Wasky wabbit did come to mind but having a pet rabbit (answers to the name of
Lefty) I felt it not a good suggestion.

Thanks to everyone in rfc for the help (she's overwhelmed by it all). If you
need to know, this is the place :-)

--
Cheers!

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

Looks like the Sriracha problem wasn't a problem after all. ImStillMags General Cooking 1 16-07-2014 11:39 PM
Problem: Help! Matthew Givens Winemaking 8 24-07-2005 06:30 AM
Pie Problem Renee General Cooking 1 10-06-2005 11:35 PM
I have a problem Kate ...... General Cooking 18 14-06-2004 08:44 PM
MLF Problem.... Bruce Winemaking 1 03-11-2003 08:30 AM