Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A dinner experiment

I bought a bottle of peach nectar to drink and when my husband brought
it home he said 'save it for cooking'... so last night I made peach
chicken. Sliced onion and a green pepper and chicken thighs and a
spoon of garlic, covered in the nectar and with some cajun spice,
mixed herbs, and turmeric added. I almost added a can of sliced
peaches to it but decided not to gild the lilly... when it was cooked
I thickened the sauce with some cornstarch and served it over plain
white rice with a big bowl of salad. It wasn't half bad!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote in
:

> It wasn't half bad!

Which half?

Creme brule french toast that I haven't tried yet. Maybe folks might be
interested. Again, READ THE USER REVIEWS for reviewer omits & adds to the
recipe.

http://brunch.allrecipes.com/az/CrmBrlFrnchTst.asp

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 01 Feb 2006 12:18:33p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Karen AKA
Kajikit?

> I bought a bottle of peach nectar to drink and when my husband brought
> it home he said 'save it for cooking'... so last night I made peach
> chicken. Sliced onion and a green pepper and chicken thighs and a
> spoon of garlic, covered in the nectar and with some cajun spice,
> mixed herbs, and turmeric added. I almost added a can of sliced
> peaches to it but decided not to gild the lilly... when it was cooked
> I thickened the sauce with some cornstarch and served it over plain
> white rice with a big bowl of salad. It wasn't half bad!

I've done similar with apricot nectar. Tasty stuff

--
Wayne Boatwright տլ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 14:18:33 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:
>

>>It wasn't half bad!
>>

>This is one of those phrases used a lot, but means the opposite of
>what the user intends.
>
>What you meant to say is that it was "almost good", perhaps :-)
>
>-sw

No, what she meant was that it was really good! It's one of those
mysteriously constructed phrases like "Cheap at half the price"
which means good value for money.

Christine

experiment tert in seattle General Cooking 3 20-10-2012 06:40 AM
Experiment Nonny Barbecue 44 19-03-2010 05:38 PM
Dinner Experiment Tonight JJ - RFC General Cooking 8 24-03-2006 10:28 PM
Another experiment Repeating Rifle Sourdough 0 26-03-2005 02:45 AM
pH TA experiment Paul E. Lehmann Winemaking 1 06-11-2003 09:05 PM